followers view all
|christina21maria is not in any groups|
The Ways in Which Employees Can Deal With Discrimination at Workplace
Discrimination is any form of detrimental treatment or consideration. Discrimination may be on the basis of race, religion, caste, color, disability, national origin, etc. Any sort of discrimination can mentally and emotionally affect an individual. In order to protect individuals from discrimination, safe laws have been laid down, which prohibit any form of discrimination. Discrimination at the work place is another type of discrimination.
Discrimination at the workplace
Discrimination at the workplace does not only include being discriminated against by the employer or your supervising head, but also includes any form of harassment by your co-workers.
Steps you can take to protect yourself from discrimination at the workplace
- Take the matter very seriously and let your employer know that such behavior is inadmissible.
- If it is your immediate supervisor or head, which is discriminating you, inform his supervisor about his conduct. You may also report your complaint to an individual, who is responsible for accepting complaints, provided your workplace have an individual responsible for managing such matters.
- You need to keep a record of all the incidents of harassment or discrimination, which you have faced. You need to keep a record of the date on which the incident took place, the witnesses who saw it happen, these records will help you a lot to prove your case.
- You can also inform your employer, if you are being harassed by your co-workers.
- You may also report a complaint at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, who is responsible for looking into such matters, if your employer does not take the matter seriously.
- You need to go through the anti-discrimination policy of your company and keep a copy of it.
- You may also do some research on the anti-discriminatory laws of your state.
Benefits of having an Employment Lawyer
Even after you have read and been through the state laws thoroughly, it is important that every employee have an employment lawyer since the government is constantly changing or amending the laws from time to time.
- The lawyer will keep you to stay up-to-date about the recent changes in the laws.
- He can also help the employees file a case against their employers.
- He helps to ensure that the relationship between the employer and employee is not strained for the efficient functioning of the company.
- He can help you in staying determined and focused at what you are doing and also at being emotionally strong.
You need to be completely sure about the discrimination (in case you do not have an employment lawyer) before you report a complaint. In case, the complaint turns out to be false one, you might have to face severe consequences including a strained relationship with the person you blamed.
Los Angeles CA discrimination lawyers are extremely efficient and can surely help you fight for your rights. Proving racial and ethnic discrimination can be tough at times, but these lawyers can help you win your case.
Employment discrimination may also include denying a person employment based on religion, gender, color, height, physical appearance, etc. The discriminated person should remain strong and raise his or her voice instead of being emotionally affected and losing focus.
|share||like 7||report||306 views|