The Buying Guide For Bed Sheets
Your bedroom is one of the most important rooms in the house. This is the place you go to relax and have a peaceful time. To fully enjoy your sleep and relax you need to have a comfortable bed and more clean and quality bed sheets. The type of mattress, sheets and duvet that you buy will determine the quality of sleep you will have.
There are different types of bed linen that you can choose from. You therefore need to assess your needs and the type of bed you have when choosing the sheets.
Factors To Consider
You Have To Consider The Thread Count
When it comes to choosing the beddings you need to carefully consider the thread count. The thread count is used to determine the sheets durability and smoothness. The thread count is basically the number of threads per square inch. The threads are usually arranged vertically and horizontally. The higher the thread count, the softer and smoother the sheet. You should not, however assume that sheets with a low thread count are of low quality. There are some sheets that have a low thread count, but they are of great quality.
The Fabric Used
It is quite important for you to consider the material that has been used. The fabric used in not only important for the bed sheets, but also for the luxury bath towels. The fabric used is what determines the quality of linens and towels. The best linens are available in;
· Cotton; there are different types of cotton sheets available with the Egyptian cotton being the most expensive. They have extra long fibers that make them durable.
· The Pima cotton; they are soft and more affordable.
· Linen material; these bed sheets are ideal for the hot weather days. They are quite expensive because of the material used in making them. They are durable and they also improve with age.
· Poly-blend sheets; these linens have features that make them resistant to wrinkles.
Weaving Of The Sheets
Even though weaving of the may not affect the final decision, there are a few things that you should know. The weaving of the bed linen does determine the quality and the durability.
· Combed cotton; this is the type of weaving that makes the sheets strong and soft. The short fibers are removed and the long fibers are left to enhance the quality.
· Satin; these sheets are made of satin weaving. The satin makes them lustrous and soft. They are however less durable than the other types of
Percale this is a common type of weaving that is seen on sheets. They are durable and makes soft and smooth.
You should consider your skin type when you are choosing the linens and also the luxury bath towels. If you have a sensitive skin, then you should not buy the polyester type of linens, this is because they are less breathable. You need to consider the cotton sheets. They are a little bit expensive, but they are perfect for all skin types.Linen Drawer is a freelance writer who looks at issue of interior design and beautification and how products for example bed linen can be used to augment the visual appeal of the room. To know more about “luxury bath towels” visit our website www.linendrawer.co.za.
|share||like 2||report||21 views|