Merry Conner | msmarketinggal

Stop Being an Idiot!

Aug 31st 2010 at 10:46 AM

Don't be an idiot like me!!  OR Don't Do as I DID, Do As I Suggest!

Most people have the patience of a Jack Rabbit.
What they didn't realize is that lack of patience has cost them dearly because the secret to success can be summed up in one word, PERSISTENCE.

Internet Marketing, no matter what program.........private, MLM or other can be VERY confusing.  It is so easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of the next big launch or those highly professional websites OR worse yet, your own emotions!  It's hard.  Damn hard.

The Internet moves at an incredible speed and you can get swept downstream so fast you and your credit card won't know what hit until that life raft pulls you to safer waters.  You want to find something ANYTHING so you too can be successful.  If so many others are doing this why not you.  Good question and don't lose sight of that.  Why Not You?

If you have been on that 'Whirlybird' with several Near Crashes you know what I am saying.  You also know that it is the truth.  This is not easy and it can get very frustrating and confusing IF you do not have the help and direction you need.  And I am talking honest direction.  So many of US (yes I am including me ) simply followed what we were told to do.  When you are new to Internet Marketing you end of playing follow the leader A LOT!  So, in actual fact, the majority was doing just that.  Using well written scripts and pretending that You were a leader and it was You who was making all this money you were telling them about.......the goodies in the scripts........You placed those well written Ads and probably in the same place as every other new marketer too!  Heck you even paid to place some.  Pretty darned expensive too!

I recently read a report about the Dirty Little Tricks that are used and honestly I was feeling just a little sick!  Talk about having your eyes opened in a hurry.  I always wondered about some of these.  Pretty Cute!  I suppose you could say it is 'Business' and this is just how it is done!  BUT, I think there are other choices we can make.  Especially when it involves so many people who seriously cannot afford this nonsense...........never mind what it does to our mindset.  No wonder we have trouble convincing people we are about truth and helping each other!

If you are brand new then lucky you!  Just don't fall for all the Hype and Free!  If you have been at this for a while now and still struggling then you need to know there is a better way and it can be done!  Seriously it comes down to finding like minded people to help you AND for you to slow it down and do your homework before joining any more programs.  Don't believe anyone who tells you, you have to hurry up and join before the flood of people come in. That's a Lie!  It's your dime so ask questions, google the program or opportunity you are looking at and make a qualified decision and be sure this is a good fit for you and your finances.  OK..........SO WHAT NOW?

CHOICES and you have a lot of them.  The first thing you need to do is sit down and decide just what it is that you would like to do.  What is the best fit for you and your situation.  You need Direction and you need a Plan of Action.

For anyone who has been at this for awhile you know it is Trial and Error.  If you are new find someone who has done the Trial and Error ahead of you......maybe you won't have to do that if you listen carefully.  For me it is simply K.I.S.S.  I have done the trial and error and actually felt like one of those "Get Rich Junkies" hopping from one program to another.  Have you ever wondered why people do that?  It is because the matrix, the cyclers, spillovers, straightlines and most other 'money games' fade out rather quickly.  I followed a few with my sponsor at the time only to watch that sponsor leave the program for another and convince his contacts to do the same.  Funny how we do that!  We want it to work so badly that we overlook the obvious and the false promises............ Do they work?  Yes, if you are in at the beginning and you have a LIST of fellow marketers to join you.  Caution is advised because as good as it looks the money tree does run dry.

SO, WHAT THEN?
Like I said, 'It's Your Dime'...........

1.  Affiliate programs are free to join.  You will need to know where and how to promote.  If you choose Free sources be prepared to stick it out for some time before you see any returns.  But does this work....you bet it does!  This is your best bet if you have little or no funds available.

2.  MLM and Or Direct Sales are not free.  You will need to know what you can afford on a monthly product purchase.   Most fail due to lack of funds and finding others to join their team in a reasonable time period.   IF you are not very good at sponsoring you might want to consider this.

3.  Gifting is doing a fast come back.  I personally love the concept of gifting.  Again caution is advised as all gifting programs are NOT what they seem.  For a true gifting experience you should strive for a next in line concept.  Some rely on gifting as their soul income all while helping others.  Pretty cool concept!  Gifting is Private and not a business.  Legal........yes, you can give gifts.  Gifting is private.  I have only a couple that I do endorse.  Contact me if you would like any info.

There are NO OVERNITE RICHES or 24HOUR SUCCESS STORIES.  Just get that in your head NOW.  You will not get paid hundreds of dollars to read emails or to surf other websites or fill out surveys or work from home typists.  It is just common sense which we seem to throw out the window when it comes to Internet Marketing.  Can you make a living from a home business and using your computer as your main source............YES!

Your first step is to TAKE ACTION......Do Your Homework....ask Questions.....Make your Plan..............GET EXCITED......and try to have some FUN.  Isn't this why we choose to work this way?

Nov 19th 2010 at 1:21 PM by msmarketinggal
Thanks Rick. Yes, it is a 'grey' area but you can gift up to a certain $$ amount. There is always controversy around this one! Careful Yes, I am just saying it is a "concept" I love but I am not actively gifting...just know of some that have been working for a couple of friends. You always have my back Rick! I appreciate it.

Nov 19th 2010 at 1:05 PM by Rickson
Hi Merry! Great Article and takes guts to spill out faults and bad decisions, only if you learn from them huh..I have one suggestion that gifting is still considered a "grey" area of being legal or not, please be careful. Your friend Rick

Nov 4th 2010 at 2:27 PM by msmarketinggal
Thank you for the suggestion. I will keep that in mind for my next post. Do hope you enjoyed it tho'.

Nov 4th 2010 at 12:25 PM by cmsolution
A very long article. It is my humble suggestion that you should think to write short articles on such websites

Sep 20th 2010 at 8:08 PM by onqglobal
From the smiling IM Hybrid [noir] faceplate, Great Reflection of your Inner "Fierce Urgency of Now" sharing good and perfect data-information.

Sep 2nd 2010 at 5:23 PM by philjansen
Thank you for a well informed article Merry, I will check it out. God Bless - Phil Jansen - Who I am makes a difference - philjansen.com

Sep 1st 2010 at 6:58 PM by phmoisan
Hi Merry, I hate the title of your article. I kept seeing others saying they had write your article in the activity window. But no, I won't be as low as them and read an article with such a negative and unrespectful title. Finally, I stopped here. Don't know why. I had to come take a look. Right in the first paragraph, I knew I'd been had. Oh no, not again, not someone who uses the shock tactic in the title to attract people then delivers something else. Well, in other cases, I was disappointed because the title was good but the article didn't deliver, it was boring, i didn't get past the first 2 sentences, and skimming didn't give me a better result. In tour case, I forgive you. :) I'm always in a hurry, trying to develop a presence on the net through various endeavours, so for an article to keep my attention, it has to be good, to touch me in the right places and not letting go. Honestly, I didn't read the whole article. But I read the first half and looked at the 2nd half, and read the end. Keep writing, Merry. You've got a new fan. Follower, I mean. :) Philippe Moisan

Sep 1st 2010 at 6:38 AM by phylma
Excellent advice. In the beginning I too found myself jumping from one program to the next, until I finally got it through my head that all I was accomplishing was to over tax my credit cards!! You're absolutely right when you say IM is not easy, it definitely isn't for the weak!

Aug 31st 2010 at 11:58 PM by zzoltan
Well done,Marry,good work,thanks for sharing this great article.

Aug 31st 2010 at 9:15 PM by rowanman28
Great article. You may want to write articles on Bukisa. They have a great pay per click rate, and three levels of referral, 25%, 5%, and 1%. Free to join. I just wanted to tell you about something. I got a referral on this site about a week ago, who had four websites. She simply joined Bukisa for free, advertised her referral link on her websites, and got heaps of referrals who are writing articles. She makes 25% of their earnings, and I make 5%, but I have made over a dollar already just from her referral's articles, which is a residual income which keeps building, as they write more articles. http://www.bukisa.com/join/48589

Aug 31st 2010 at 8:37 PM by Rickson
I don't get it..lolol..just kidding! Very well done article and your sense of humor is great, made it a very easy read. Yes, Everyone should always ask questions right to the person who referred you or google them and do your homework! Great advice ( it's what I always try to do myself).***** five stars girly girl! Rick

Aug 31st 2010 at 6:51 PM by RichMcKelvey
Merry, You write a very insightful article, and between the line I read, a lot of disappointment has passed your way. So be it for many who attempt IM. I believe the main reason for this is the word itself, IM. If a person would just stop for a moment, and replace the catch phrase "IM" with the word "Business", perhaps they would take a different perspective. Would anyone start a offline business without a business plan, or a study on the market it wishes to serve, or gaining the skills necessary to run a successful operation, I think not. Like any business, IM needs to be approached with a solid business plan and a set of goals, once you have these, the information on the skills will not be hard to find. However, you must find these skills on your own, otherwise you will just be feeding someone else's goal. Rich.

Aug 31st 2010 at 3:45 PM by TimRR
Very good,, yes it takes time and investigation