Groups
· FREE Online training for success
· Christian quotes
· Your favorite Internet Radio channels
· Save Energy
· Faceplate Features
· THE CHRISTIAN LIFE
· What do you like about IM faceplate?
· IM faceplate Fans Unite
· Pictures of the day
· Website Tips
· Technology and Your Life
· Favourite Forum Topics
· PET LOVERS
· Social Bookmarking Sites
· social network for business
· Positive Thinking
· Article Marketing 101
· Just for Laughs
· Fake News
· Integrating FacePlate with your marketing strategies
· The Internet Diner
· Prospecting
· New menu and other additions
· IM faceplate widget for your website
· Share your blog
· My Account Glitches
· Top Ways To Get FREE Website Traffic
· Share a video
· 12 Days of Giveaways 2011 IM faceplate
· Good Times With Family and Friends
· Real Internet Income
· Shopping Online

Interests

* Real Internet Income

* E-Commerce Associates Program

* My Affiliate Power Site v.2.0

* Free Website Traffic eBook: http://affiliatepowercentral.com/freetraffic/index.html

* Affiliate Marketing, Internet Marketing,
Writing, Reading, Nature, Music, Humor,

* Friendly Entrepreneur Forums at http://tinyurl.com/ecforum

* Personal Development resources at Brian Tracy International http://tinyurl.com/bti4gt
GT Bulmer | GTBulmer
─► Open Your Own Fully Stocked Online Store Instantly (blog post) ─► http://affiliatepowercentral.com/home-business/open-your-own-fully-stocked-online-store-instantly/
1 year ago

Social Networking With Entrepreneur Forums

Sep 23rd 2010 at 9:49 PM

GT Bulmer © Affiliate Power Central

In the beginning, the word on Social Networking was “forums.” Well, actually, that wasn’t the REAL beginning. That was just MY beginning as an Internet Marketer. And that was just a couple of years ago when the terms “Social Media” and “Social Networking” were only just beginning to be used and recognized.

At that time, when I was new to the wonderful world of online marketing, my marketing mentors recommended online business and marketing forums as a great way to begin building your brand and your presence on the Internet.

Like many other marketing newbies, I was slow to get involved with forums. I was timid, inexperienced and didn’t think I had much to offer. Besides that, I was all gung-ho to get my advertising message “out there” and I couldn’t see the value of spending time in discussion forums just “talking” about marketing methods: I wanted to be out there actually selling stuff!

Well, the “selling stuff” aspect of it wasn’t working very well and I soon realized there was more to marketing than just advertising. And that since there were so many aspiring entrepreneurs already pounding the World Wide Web hard with advertising messages, if a person wanted to be successful, they were going to have to do something different from the crowd.

That was when I began to recognize the purpose and value of social networking with entrepreneur forums; forums that catered to people interested and involved in all forms of business and marketing, home business and otherwise.

I realized that forums could provide me with inside knowledge about marketing that could give me the edge on other marketers. Forums were a gathering place for experienced marketers who had the scoop on popular market niches and how to target the most promising prospects.

I learned that online forums, as the forerunners to Social Media sites, allowed entrepreneurs to do a few important things that basic advertising could not do in the same way:

– Immediately socialize with a peer group of like-minded marketers;

– Gather valuable information and personal insight into the best practices of Internet Marketing;

– Develop a presence as either an expert or a preferred source in a particular niche;

– Best of all, advertise and promote products and services in a casual way that is both respectable and acceptable to that particular entrepreneurial community.

Those are the obvious benefits to joining and actively participating in an online business forum.

However, once you have joined a forum, there are some things you should do to help establish a firm foundation for success in the forum. In fact, you should do these things even before you begin posting comments. Briefly, they involve your forum profile, photo (avatar), signature, and becoming familiar with the forum rules. Once these are in place, you then commit to being an active, supportive contributor to the forum.

I will cover each of these elements in greater detail in Part Two of Social Networking With Entrepreneur Forums. Until then, even if you are happily involved in popular Social Media sites like IM faceplate and Facebook, do not overlook the great value that online business and marketing forums still have to offer. My recommendation: find a good forum and join it today!

~ ~ ~

* Read "Social Networking With Entrepreneur Forums, Part Two" now

* You might also enjoy this APC blog post:  A Friendly Entrepreneur Community

~ ~ ~

Friendly Entrepreneur Community

Apr 5th 2011 at 10:18 AM by GTBulmer
Hi, Greg: You are welcome! Thanks for posting a comment here, and thanks for joining us in the Entrepreneur Forums. A few members there have posted "Welcomes" to you. GT :-)

Apr 5th 2011 at 9:28 AM by gregplant
Hi GT Thank you for bring this forum to the community! I joined it at the weekend from reading one of your up-dates in the groups here on IM Faceplat.

Jan 19th 2011 at 12:33 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, nostate: Thanks for reading and commenting. I do try to visit the faceplates of everyone who follows me and I comment on articles and "like" them when I do that. GT :-)

Jan 19th 2011 at 12:01 PM by nostate
Stumbled and liked. Return the favor?

Dec 28th 2010 at 10:35 AM by GTBulmer
Hey, Judy: I missed seeing your comment posted here! Thanks for the note and the encouragement. GT :-)

Dec 16th 2010 at 2:15 PM by judyhwright
Thanks again for an article filled with tips and techniques for success. Always fun to share with like minded people. Happy holidays, jhw

Nov 18th 2010 at 9:24 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Pauline and Terri: Thank you both for your comments on this article. And thanks, Terri, for sharing the insight of your personal experience. GT :-)

Nov 18th 2010 at 5:42 PM by TerriLPattioMLMmento
GT you relayed your message very well. You made some very good points and this is what makes for a successful online presence. It brought back memories of when I first started online and didn't have a clue, and I quickly learned that I had to make a change and do it the right way for success.

Nov 18th 2010 at 2:50 PM by befocused
Sound advise

Oct 18th 2010 at 8:55 AM by GTBulmer
Hello, Friends: If you would like more info about the Entrepreneur Forums, check this IM faceplate group:

Favourite Forum Topics – http://www.imfaceplate.com/index.php?a=groups&b=viewgroup&gid=386

The Entrepreneur Forums include members from all business backgrounds and experience levels. Join us! :-)

Oct 5th 2010 at 9:48 AM by GTBulmer
Hi, Judy: Thanks for checking out this article! There are so many good Social Networking sites these days, but I think some marketers are forgetting that forums are still also a great place for networking and for getting info and insight. :-)

Oct 4th 2010 at 2:32 PM by judycook4