Science That Goes Behind Different Types of Signs
It is not an easy task to make the sign of a business or professional. A lot of designing and conceptualization goes in this task. Once the shape and pattern is decided then comes the task of opting the type of sign for the same. Sign companies in California offer different variety of signs depending upon the need. Is the sign a representative of company or it is a promotional banner or just a sign providing direction. The other factors considered while preparing a sign is the repair and maintenance of a sign. If the sign gets damaged easily and quickly and is not paid attention to then the broken sign reflects a bad impression of the company, business or professional concerned. So the sign should be lasting and low in maintenance cost. Some of the type of sign are:
1. Pylon signs: These are very big in size and especially meant to attract the attention from a distance. Hotels use them often on highways and even big malls use to promote the businesses within.
2. Pole Signs: These are medium sized signs on a single pole.
3. Monument Signs: These signs are made up of a variety of materials such as concrete, brick, wood or high-density foam.
4. Directional Signs: These signs provide information on where to find businesses within a business complex and are usually meant to be viewed from a vehicle and by pedestrians.
5. Wall signs: These signs tell the consumer who and where a particular service or business is. Some of wall signs can be in shape of individual letters, some are simple flat signs, and some are lighted sign boxes. These lighted sign boxes can be illuminated from within, from behind, or from lights shining on the sign.
6. Blade signs: These are projecting type signs which mount perpendicular to the wall of the building. These help pedestrians or the consumers find the entrance to a business or service from the sidewalk. These can also be lit types.
7. Awnings: These are typically canvas over a frame, generally utilising the place where customers sit. It’s like providing shelter and promoting business.
8. Window graphics or vehicle graphics: these are signs imprinted on windows of building to attract them in. a vehicle can be used as mobile sign.
9. Custom Neon Signs: Custom Neon Signs in Los Angeles are very popular. The entire region just lit with neon signs only. These are electric signs lighted by long luminous gas discharge tubes. These works best in dark to attract attention.
The author is a science post graduate working on Neon, its uses and effects. With the help of sign companies in California, He is working on custom neon signs in Los Angeles.