Groups
· The Coffee Shop
· Law of Attraction Marketing and Resources
· Free Traffic
· Just for Laughs
· Share a video

Interests

I love my home with my husband Jim and our kids... Maja, Badger and Chet. Our dogs, but yes, our kids. I love to play golf, fish, watch a good movie and read a good book every once-in-awhile.

I truly enjoy working my business... Text Ad Exchange Owner, I own 5... which keeps me busy. It`s also helped me to grow, make new friends and relationships.

Brenda Crofoot | bjfoot
May YOUR Christmas have Peace, Joy, Love and Laughter... Brenda
unknown

Reverse Marketing A Good Thing Or a Bad Thing? You decide...

Oct 8th 2010 at 9:53 PM

It seems that all NBs to internet marketing are taught about Reverse Marketing.
The NB then takes it and runs with it and uses Reverse Marketing with everything.
The next thing you know, the NB is using autoresponders and harvesting e-mails
from their safelist, text ad exchange e-mail and everything else that has an e-mail
on it. We've all been there.  Excited and Ready to Rock~n~Roll!

What happens next?  More likely than not, the safelist owner receives an offer
in their Private/Business E-mail/s with the subject reading "RE: Your Big Opportunity
(or whatever)". It's from a member with an autoresponder or the member has harvested the
Admin/s business e-mail. The member has not read the TOS (Terms of Service) that states
clearly NOT to do this, but because they didn't read the TOS (Terms of Service), the
individual thinks that this is perfectly fine and that the Admin is going to love their
offer.  There is NO safelist or Text Ad Exchange that allows this.

Well, making a long story short... The member gets their account deleted, they
loose everything in their account.  The Admin obviously didn't want the offer in their
box and applied the rules.

Let's explore why this rule is there.  I can think of a couple of reasons, as I own a few
text ad exchanges and this happens more frequently than I would like.

-As an Admin I see every ad, of every type, that every member submits before the members
see it.  So, if it's something that interests me, I will check it out from my Approval
area. I'm sure many folks don't even think about that. I don't need an additional e-mail
in my box.  I receive tons of e-mail in many e-mail boxes because I'm also a member
of many, many lists.  This is true of the majority of List Owners.

-The other thing that escapes many folks...  They opted to join my list and agreed to
e-mail from my sites to their e-mail box, but I didn't agree to be a part of their list
and the moment an offer hits an Admin E-mail box that is from an auto-responder or
harvested e-mail...  That's SPAM!  What's very sad is I've ran into Admins and experienced
marketers who do this and that's just not acceptable.

Special Note:
To many people don't bother to read the Terms of Service to anything...  They just check
the box and say they did.  This can cause someone to get into a heap of trouble on so many levels.  There are Terms of Service in all business transactions or the equivalent!

If anything comes from this article, it would be to help NBs and to teach the right way
to do things from the beginning and keep them out of trouble.  Grab my attention and other
Admins attention with a GREAT Ad in the Approval Area where we are a Very Captive Audience!

Many Admins do join under their members if it's something that they want or need!  And sometimes,
to just support their member.

Warmest Regards!

Brenda Crofoot

Jan 21st 2014 at 7:19 AM by atomicmedia1
Great article. I never ever entertained the thought of 'harvesting' a TE Owners business email. When you think about it it sounds really stooopid. But that's just me.

Mar 11th 2011 at 5:27 PM by LonnieG
Thank you, Brenda, for sharing your unique perspective as an admin and program owner! ~LonnieG

Nov 3rd 2010 at 11:18 PM by blackfolder1
As an administrator myself, I couldn't agree more!

Oct 24th 2010 at 5:58 PM by ChuckBartok
Besides the impeccable content, the phrase that struck me was .... "To many people don't bother to read the Terms of Service to anything..." Too many people on the internet follow very Few Terms of Service... Many are lured into the Tax Advantages of the Home based Business, but never bother to Read the IRS TOS. You must qualify as a business to take advantage of the over 157 Deductions available. One of the requirements is a Business Plan. Can be simple DO YOU HAVE YOUR BUSINESS PLAN WRITTEN? ~~smile~~ I know, I am just not any fun! Visit our blog YouCanBuild.it and read what saved one Internet Marketer's fanny So as Brenda so well points out.. Act like a serious Business person and follow da' rules

Oct 12th 2010 at 7:49 PM by yhbecpublisher
I learned a different type of Reverse marketing way back in 2004 which I found highly successful.

Instead of adding a signature to my forum posts that contained clickable links I added just my name and slogan.

I ended up with people asking me to add links to it so they could click to see what I was marketing. Great article Brenda!

Oct 11th 2010 at 4:47 PM by kamans7
I cannot stand reverse marketing. I get so many emails from people who joined me sending the next best thing crap program of the hour. It needs to be addressed and stopped. I even had a girls call me mean and nasty because I was not interested in her silly programs!

Oct 8th 2010 at 11:19 PM by deewest
Great Article Brenda! I agree completely, I see it every day in my sites also. Yes, I think a lot of people don't think about Us as Admins seeing their Ad in our approval area. Very Good Point! There is a time and a place for auto responders! Glad to have you here at IM Face Plate Best Wishes Dee P.S. Might want to make note: NB = Newbie

Oct 8th 2010 at 10:34 PM by bjfoot
Thanks GT!

Oct 8th 2010 at 10:24 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Brenda: This is a very good article highlighting what reverse marketing is and what to avoid with it. I enjoyed and appreciated the insight you provided from an administrator's perspective. You have given some great advice and I hope more IM faceplate members take a minute to read this article. Thanks for posting! :-)