followers view all
following view all
Positive Thinking Quotes
By Influential People!
In this article is a list of positive thinking quotes.
These positive quotations are quick and easy to read sayings that, although short in content, can help your self improvement to build momentum.
Each of these positive thinking quotes comes with a small explanation as to the message it is trying to get across.
1. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present!"
Babatunde Olatunji (Nigerian Social Activist) 1927 - 2003
This quote means: You cannot get yesterday back, so don't focus your energy there. Tomorrow hasn't arrived yet so you can do nothing for that because it is not here. Today is here right now, so embrace and live it as the gift that it is.
2. "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"
Winston Churchill (British Politician) 1874 - 1965
This quote means: Where negative thinking finds problems, positive thinking sees potential benefits. The only difference is a mindset.
3. "Instead of thinking about what you are missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing"
This quote means: A good way of feeling positive right now is to think about the things you already have that others would love to have.
4. "Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. Either way, the amount of work is the same."
Francesca Reigler (Motivational Speaker) Other details unknown
This quote means: Given that it takes equal effort to be positive or negative, we may as well opt for the positive, since it brings us many more benefits.
5. "The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it"
C.C. Scott (New Zealand born, Moscow Based Politician)
This quote means: Regardless of the things you go through in life, you, at the deepest level of who you are, will survive it.
6. "I have found that if you love life, life will love you back"
Arthur Rubinstein (Polish-American Pianist) 1887 - 1982
This quote means: You can get out of life the amount of enjoyment that runs in line with the amount of effort you put into it.
7. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"
Confucious (Chinise Social Philosopher) 551 BCE - 479 BCE
This quote means: Setbacks will always come to all of us. The significance lies in how we handle these negative circumstances. We have the choice to take something positive from them.
This is the half-way stage on this page of positive thinking quotes! Just one more from Winston Churchill maybe?
8. "For myself, I am an optimist. It does not seem to be much use being anything else"
Winston Churchill (British Politician) 1874 - 1965
This quote means: Since the only way of thinking that will benefit you is positive thinking, you may as well think positively!
9. "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
Oscar Wilde (Irish Writer) 1854 - 1900
This quote means: We each possess negative traits and circumstances. Some people will escape these, and some will not. The people capable of breaking through these weaknesses in their life are those that are looking in a positive direction.
10. "Say you are well, or all is well with you, and god will hear your words and make them true"
Ella Wheeler Wilcox (American Author) 1850 - 1919
This quote means: If you can be mentally strong enough to stay positive much of the time, in the eyes of god, you will earn the right to actually feel positive.
11. "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails"
This quote means: We can make the best of the things that are out of our control by adapting our mental approach to them in the best way possible: with positivity.
12. "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself"
George Bernard Shaw (Irish Playwright) 1856 - 1950
This quote means: You've already found yourself. Life is time given to you to turn yourself into something better than before.
13. "Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will"
Zig Ziglar (American Author and Motivational Speaker) Born 1926
This quote means: Anything that you attempt in life will yield better results if you've been thinking positively along the way.
14. "There are always flowers for those who want to see them"
Henri Matisse (French Artist) 1869 - 1954
This quote means: It is a choice to see the positive in anything. If you look for it, it will be there.
15. "When the sun rises, it rises for everyone"
Cuban Proverb - Author Unknown
This quote means: You and your circumstances are as valuable as anyone else's. If you can see beyond money and status in this world, you find that we all have equal importance.
That'll be this page of positive thinking quotes pretty much finished! I hand-picked those ones. I thought they were the most beneficial of all the hundreds of positive thinking quotes that I've read.
They're the positive thinking quotes that I thought most capable of changing your day for the better. I hope that they had this effect on you
|share||like 97||report||1647 views|