followers view all
|IwedPlanner is not in any groups|
|atlanta wedding venues, boston wedding dj, boston wedding photographer, bridesmaid gift ideas,costa rica honeymoon, dallas wedding venues, flower delivery Houston, engagement rings Chicago, wedding venues in Houston, seattle wedding venues|
Popular Options for Wedding Hairstyles
Your wedding day hairstyle can make or break your entire look. There are plenty of wedding hairstyles to choose from and the selection can be overwhelming for any bride.
Here are the three major tips to keep in mind when choosing a wedding hairstyle:
- Pick one that complements your gown and does not compete with it.
- Make sure it is appropriate for your hair length.
- If you plan to use a headpiece, be sure it is suitable for the hairstyle.
These basics should help you get started when it comes to wedding hairstyles. It’s also a good idea to learn the following popular wedding hairstyles so that you can talk to you can be on the same page as your stylist:
- Chignon: this is a tight knot at your head's base. Think Evita Peron. It can be wound plain or braid, or a ponytail, and it can be done even on medium-length or shoulder-length hair.
- Bun: This is a ponytail that is wrapped around it. It is often placed on top of the head and it could look flattering for brides with a long neck.
- French twist: Also known as the twist-and-fasten look, the French twist should resemble a hotdog bun held vertically on the back of your head. This is an elegant and timeless hairstyle that may suit many brides.
- French braid: This could be a good option for brides with frizzy or out of control hair. It is a three-stranded braid that is woven closely to the head.
- Updo: This is a generic term that pertains to any upswept hairstyle, and it is often finished with loose locks to frame the face.
If you’re not ready to see a stylist, why not try to DIY a few looks just to get an idea of how you look in certain hairstyles? You should be able to find a DIY video tutorial online for these suggestions:
- A loose chignon: Put up your hair in a loose bun and finish with a flower hairpin for a natural look.
- Greek-inspired hair: Ancient Grecian hairstyles are popular due to their no-nonsense look and styling with soft waves that are swooped up or from the sides to the back. You can add a flower headpiece to complete the look.
- Shell bun updo: This is like your typical updo but with a more polished appearance. If you have short hair or you want a more pronounced bun, you can use a wig extension bun that matches the color of your hair. Add a hair accessory for a more sophisticated look.
- The messy low bun: this is a chic and stylish look for the no-nonsense bride. It can be a great option for an outdoor wedding, like on the beach. Side bangs are optional.
About The Author:
iWedPlanner provides most useful planning tools, ideas and the most comprehensive wedding resources for wedding couples to plan their wedding and for wedding businesses to grow their business. They are one of the fastest growing wedding planning networks that will give the transparency and efficiency you want from a wedding planner.
|share||like 5||report||43 views|