Groups
marvelous is not in any groups

Interests

Online / Network Marketing

Sports including Football, Football and Football :) + more sports

TV + Cinema, all things from B films to the latest movies, mainly sci-fi

The supernatural and the unexplained

Marv Ellis | marvelous
I can see the potential of IMFacePlate already, looking forward to seeing many new and old faces and mutual learning about each other.
unknown

Online marketing is like dating...

Jul 2nd 2010 at 5:47 PM

I hope you are reading this article for the right reasons, ofcourse I am referring to online marketing but naturally the headline needs some explanation.

All too often we are approached from someone who we know very little about, or maybe we are speaking to them for the very first time, yet they go in head first trying to sell the internets newest and next best product without even introducing themselves.  End result is they make no sale, lose any trust and in some cases lose reputation - the product they were talking about could have been something that we would have really liked and used regularly and even paid money for!

Get to know people directly and indirectly, brand yourself and promote you first - there are many methods to do this, this can be on forums, consistently showing your splash pages on traffic exchanges and other advertising avenues, or even with the use of in-built chat rooms which appear on many of the good traffic exchanges.

Ccome and speak to me also, I am always happy to talk to new people on places like ILoveHits and Traffic Era

Oct 18th 2013 at 8:31 AM by marty
This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

Mar 18th 2012 at 6:08 PM by weedermann
"All too often we are approached from someone who we know very little about, or maybe we are speaking to them for the very first time, yet they go in head first trying to sell the internets newest and next best product without even introducing themselves." You aren't lying! The current trend in my spam/inbox are the "secrets" (for sale) that are so "revolutionary" and (of course) "shocking"! How are you, Marv? Hope you are well. Am out of things at the moment and slowly working back.

Feb 17th 2011 at 8:33 PM by LonnieG
Whether you are sharing someone's personal space or cyberspace the same rules apply ... so true, Marv! Thanks. ~LonnieG

Feb 10th 2011 at 11:36 AM by LindaFausset
thanks for a great article and you are right on the mark!!

Dec 28th 2010 at 12:59 AM by bgtrix
Yes, you are right... It's like dating. And the most important thing is to build relationships with people. I found this secret in a wonderful marketing course about Facebook marketing, that you can find on my blog here http://lifetime.ebasebusiness.com

Oct 14th 2010 at 12:47 PM by ChuckBartok
And the secret to successful Dating is to ASK questions with Sincerity and LISTEN carefully to the answers.. Simple concept is responsible of Millions in sales in my simple Life

Oct 14th 2010 at 10:48 AM by philjansen
Thanks for sharing Marv. Blessings! - philjansen.com

Sep 29th 2010 at 6:53 PM by jonesgore
Marv what you said rings true and something I learned when work for an energy company in nyc. Just like dating if there was someone you were interested you would first ask their name and find out the status. It makes perfect sense to do the same when wanting to partner with someone in business.

Sep 18th 2010 at 8:01 PM by wallers1994
Hi Marv, Really like your article. Your user name reminds me of Billy Crystal. Are you are fan? Just had to ask. I hope you have a great weekend. Looking forward to future articles. Jennifer

Sep 13th 2010 at 6:53 AM by deewest
Great Article! I have been marketing for Years but new to Social Networking sites such as this. But I am truly enjoying getting to know everyone A lot of Really Great People here! I look forward to reading more of your Articles Best Wishes to Your Success!

Sep 10th 2010 at 12:08 PM by nurselynne
good analogy

Aug 31st 2010 at 7:49 PM by TerryHoneyman
Very good article. You know, I was just observing what you were talking about ... people just selling their stuff without trying to get to know me, or without sharing who they are as individuals. It all starts running together! I find that when I follow someone, I'm looking for the people who will actually tell me something about themselves and not just try to sell me. It's all about relationships and knowing who you're doing business with ... and what better place to actually find people to do all kinds of business with! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Aug 31st 2010 at 7:05 PM by TimRR
Very good

Aug 26th 2010 at 5:01 PM by Fision
I can appreciate the fact you brought two topics into one, hence giving people something to relate to.

Aug 23rd 2010 at 1:02 AM by pwambui
The article was very helpful to me.

Aug 21st 2010 at 5:06 PM by smhwrite
Thanks for recommending facebook I got mine set up but just seeing how one adds articles ect. Suzette

Aug 15th 2010 at 2:17 PM by TimRR
Very good article

Aug 12th 2010 at 5:56 AM by fredds
"3 words" stands out for me in this article: Branding, branding and more branding..... Getting to know people directly & indirectly, branding myself and then promoting ME first. If possible, this is something that all marketers should be taught when they start out.

Aug 2nd 2010 at 2:09 PM by coolindiansurfer
Really ?

Jul 27th 2010 at 5:04 PM by karenstuart
Good article

Jul 26th 2010 at 11:35 AM by JolaineDelaney
You are right people are very tired of spending money on nothing. They want to know that you can deliver. Years ago you didn't question peoples honesty. Now you must show them who your are and what stuff your are made of. Are we really ready help. If we do that they will keep coming back for more. So I can't agree more.

Jul 23rd 2010 at 10:23 PM by GTBulmer
Hi, Marv: I agree. Today, relationship-building is important in business. You don't have to woo your prospect for a long time before popping the question, but you do need to do something to develop a bit of rapport. :-)

Jul 23rd 2010 at 2:51 PM by weedermann
You are right, of course, Marv. Branding ourselves, getting our face and content before the public so often that we begin to generate a little celebrity IS how to get over... BUT it takes so long and humans tend to savor instant gratification. And we are hypocrites too because we will blithely do to others what we detest having done to us (ie "we are speaking to them for the very first time, yet they go in head first trying to sell the internet's newest and next best product without even introducing themselves.") I wholly agree with your article...but what is the happy medium between "quick candy fix" and stolidly waiting for our reward after all of the work?