freesia60 is not in any groups

pro maarketing on the net, historical research, genealogy, gardening, reading, painting,floristry,design
freesia60 | freesia60
Heres a new website I made following my passion for local history and research
3 years ago

Nit Picking ........ Not necessarily

Sep 30th 2010 at 2:42 AM

This is a gripe -  not a big one but nevertheless a gripe.

Some great new biz are advertised on the net, open to all countries, join now. What they dont say is that if you live anywhere but USA then paying you or giving support will be tricky.

I realise new sites have teething problems but there is a limit to my patience ....... if the site functions dont work properly then why put the site up?? Check them first for goodness sake!!Some glaring mistakes like headers with incorrect spelling  ... incorrect english grammar etc.

Before some of you jump in the air and explain this and that .... everything has glitches, yes I realise that.

Links that dont work, payment methods that only work in the USA , extra funds needed for overseas support , failure to man the support , obscure instructions - I could go on and Im sure youve heard it before and your eyes are glazing.

Just wanted to get it said ......  for anyone thinking of setting up a site please please realise that a huge amount of people wont be in your host country, wont necessarily have the facilities you do and may well have a different time zone.

Finished.......   got that off my chest.

If youve read to the bottom of this grumpy old womans gripe then well done.

Dec 6th 2010 at 4:59 PM by deewest
Nicola Great Article! It feels good to get things off your chest doesn't it.. I imagine it gets frustrating. I agree they should test their sites before they open it up or open it up letting people know you are still Testing Glitches.. Wow what is this? (extra funds needed for overseas support) I never heard of such a thing .. that is Terrible! I would be mad too! have a great week Dee
Oct 12th 2010 at 11:47 PM by catherinedwhite
I love a good rant. But, I think you can do better. Come on, really let them have it. Thanks for making me smile.
Oct 12th 2010 at 9:09 PM by yhbecpublisher
All I can say is as a fellow Aussie I know what you mean. It has gotten a little better over the 7 years I've been online.
Sep 30th 2010 at 2:45 AM by freesia60
ok so maybe Im a nit - picker .... comes with age :)