We have an exciting update for you today!
Just over 3 weeks ago, we announced that some new changes would be coming to IMfaceplate ...
Well, over the weekend, these changes have started to roll out and we wanted to give you a little information on what's happened as well as what we're still working on.
The first thing you will notice when you login is that you now have a completely new HOME page.
This new HOME page is an overview of all the things that directly relate to YOU in the IMfaceplate network. Let's take a quick look at what's on this new HOME page ...
- At the very top left you will see that we have now incorporated your SHOUT module right here so that you can easily see what your current SHOUT is and update it if necessary.
- Just below your SHOUT module is a brand new module that we just added called the PUBLISH AND SHARE module. Through this module, you can easily share your thoughts, images, videos, and articles with all of your followers. Everything you share from this module will be published on your faceplate through the SHARE module (you just need to enable it) as well as being displayed in the news feed of all the people that are following you!
To learn more about the PUBLISH AND SHARE module, you can click on the little "What's this?" link found in the upper corner of the module.
- Continuing down the page, you will see a nice summary of stats to keep you informed of all the things that are going on with you and the people and groups that you are interracting with. You used to have to dig around for this information, but now you can see it quickly every time you login!
- The right side of the page is dedicated to your news feed. We have made some important changes to the items in your feed to better organize everything and give you access to more information quickly.
The most notable change was the removal of the tabs for your feed. ALL items are now displayed directly without the need to cycle through various tabs.
Your news feed now displays the most important itemsat the very top (direct updates), followed by all the other items below. When somebody contributes multiple items to your news feed, those items are grouped and compressed so that they don't take up the entire page (thereby preventing you from seeing what other people have done!). To view the additional items from an individual, simply click on the button to expand those items.
- There are some other little tweaks/additions as well which are aimed at improving the functionality of the site, but we won't go over all of them here.
NEW MENU ... WHERE DID EVERYTHING GO!?
After you are done noticing the new HOME page, you are bound to look up at the menu bar and wonder where all your stuff went!
As you will see, we have made some big changes to the menu bar as well. The biggest change is the removal of the 3 tabs across the top ... but don't worry, everything is still there!
The best way to illustrate where to find things is to talk about each of the OLD tabs and where those items went.
The old "My Faceplate" tab has now become the green "my faceplate" button. When you click on this button you will see your faceplate just as everyone else will see it, but above your picture you will see a button to customize your faceplate. Clicking this will take you to your faceplate editor where you can make all the changes you want to your faceplate.
The old "My Account" tab used to be the default home page when you logged in. The problem was many of the things on that tab were items that were not used by members on a daily basis (like account settings, buying credits, upgrading, etc.). And so we have now moved these types of things into the upper right corner of the site (above the menu bar). You will now find all these things in the "my account" dropdown menu.
By moving the "my account" stuff, it then allowed us to rearrange the content on your new HOME page and provide you with quicker and easier access to the information that matters most to you.
The old "Community" tab was where you used to find all the stuff related to the community, such as the groups and discussions, video spotlights, articles, etc.
One of the downsides to having all these items behind the "community" tab, was that they were a bit hidden from view and therefore a little underused (especially by new members).
And so all of these community items are now found directly on the menu bar and are now just ONE click away when you login. This is now in line with our goal of putting the content more front and center in IMfaceplate ... making it even easier for everyone to get involved.
SO, ARE WE DONE?
The good news is that this update represented the majority of the changes to the site. So, you don't have to worry that we are going to keep moving things around all that much :)
The even better news is that we still have some exciting additions to implement in the coming weeks!
We will send another update in the next day or two which will highlight some of the things to come, so stay tuned ... and in the meantime, please check out the new IMfaceplate layout.
If you would like to provide some feedback on the changes, or if you have some questions, you can check out the new discussion that we just created.
GO HERE TO DISCUSS THE CHANGES ...
Have a wonderful day!
Tyler Huculak & Kramer Huculak
Logiscape Technologies Inc.