CraftCycler

My Take on IBS So Far

Aug 22nd 2010 at 5:39 PM

First, I will admit that I only joined IBS a few days ago.

The concept is an awesome one:  a viral blog - instantly!

Free of charge!

In a nutshell:

1. I receive an email with a link int it.
  2. The link takes me to the blog of another member.
  3. I view their blog.
  4. I receive credits which I use to get my blog seen.

It is truly a win-win concept.

There is also a component which allows you to enter all of your affiliate info and build downlines in variuos programs or in your own favorite affiliate program.

Unfortunately,  the "blogs" that I have read so far have been completely lacking in content.

Also, the "comments" are pretty much the stuff that Askimet immediately filters out of my WordPress blog.

The thing that ruins so many brilliant marketing platforms is certainly threatening this one: the very members it was designed to help.

Out of my first 50 credit links, 49 have been pure, unadulterated crap.  All have either been prewritten sales pages for whatever program the person was pitching or so badly written that they were pretty much unintelligible.

I did read one blog with some great content.  It was well-written & informative and did not try to shove some affiliate program at me.  Unfortunately, I read 49 others which in all honesty, totally sucked.

Hopefully, the cream will rise to the top and the rush of people that have joined in the initial rush will wander off to the next great thing and IBS can evolve into what it was intended to be.

I really do hope so.

May 20th 2011 at 12:25 PM by BruceBates
having just commented on another article about this topic, I am glad I found this one. I think this is much more honest at the moment, but I am looking for more updates now that IBS has been out about a year.

Dec 2nd 2010 at 2:50 PM by drkelp
I will be interested in your comments when you go back again.

Nov 7th 2010 at 5:25 PM by CraftCycler
HI, GT. To be honest, I have been dealing with a family illness for the past 2 months and have been unable to do more than the bare minimum online. I hope to be able to read through some IBS posts this week. Hopefully. IBS is on the road to becoming the great program it was intended to be.

Nov 7th 2010 at 4:34 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Loretta: Thank you for this honest overview of your experience with IBS. I see that post was a couple of months ago. Do you have a more (or less) favourable update now? If so, please share it with us. Thanks. GT :-)

Sep 11th 2010 at 11:10 PM by CraftCycler
Nice to meet you Kathy!

Sep 11th 2010 at 8:14 PM by thorgrym
So...does this work with an existing blog or do you have to start a new one with them?

Aug 28th 2010 at 6:04 AM by CraftCycler
Hi, Kathy! Just followed you back - I can always use photography tips :)!

Aug 28th 2010 at 1:57 AM by timeout
Yes, I agree, I like it better when it is real, and you know you are dealing with a person, rather than a link,lol. This does seem to be a great site , I am new here too. nice to meet you Kathy