Glen Palo | teambuilder
Need Traffic? Sure you do! Follow the link for your traffic now! http://tigersoloadsplus.com/?rid=505
2 years ago

My Computer Virus Experience While Surfing Traffic Exchanges

Jul 3rd 2010 at 7:55 AM

On December 6, 2009 while surfing a Traffic Exchange website, I inadvertently clicked on a link to a hacker website which immediately put a Trojan virus onto my computer. Unfortunately, neither my firewall nor anti-virus software prevented the intrusion.

The virus apparently turned off my firewall and enabled several other viruses to attack my system. The virus started a series of fake Windows warnings about my computer being infected. Of course it was! The fake warnings were attempts by the virus to get me to download fraudulent programs to "enable protection" of my computer. I physically detached my cable to disable internet access to prevent the virus from downloading the fake anti-malware software.

The virus modified the Windows registry and start up programs to load first. By loading first, the virus could stop Windows from turning on the firewall and the anti-virus software.

After connecting back to the internet, I went to the Microsoft support website and tried downloading the MS Malicious Software Removal Tool. But, the virus prevented that from happening. To make a long story short, it took over eight hours to clean up my system using several anti-virus, anti-malware programs. I tried PC Tools Spyware Doctor, Microtrend PC-cillin and Malwarebytes anti-malware software.

Bottom line is the Malwarebytes software cleaned out the virus, corrected the Windows system registry and restored my computer back to normal.

I liked Malwarebytes free software enough to buy the full version for the additional benefits it provides including the IP protection which prevents malicious websites from loading while surfing. This is particularly valuable to internet surfers who take part in website Traffic Exchanges or surf trashy celebrity sites.

For a free download of Malwarebytes go to: http://www.malwarebytes.org/ (Don't worry, I'm not an affiliate and don't make a dime from this link.)

Jan 4th 2016 at 1:43 AM by barryinsider
Few websites loads the js files which has virus in it. I would recommend you to use any good Internet Security and it will solve the issue. I see you suggested one which is also fine. Thanks for your experiance.

Oct 21st 2010 at 6:25 AM by visionary
That's interesting because I had a simular problem and it got pass my virus protection but between Micrsoft and MicroTrend I was able to get rid of it myself.

Jul 28th 2010 at 6:58 AM by teambuilder
I did not file a report with the Traffic Exchange owner because I was not certain which TE or which site it was.

Jul 28th 2010 at 6:31 AM by MarkHodgetts
Similar thing happened to me - I actually managed to find the virus in my startup registry, disabled it and then ran a full search for files of the same name and deleted them. Malware bytes is cool has worked for me before but on this occasion couldn't find the problem Did you report the site to the TE owner?