followers view all
following view all
|mailVU is not in any groups|
mailVU for Business, Education in the New Year
Welcome to 2011! We’re well into a brand new year as everyone tries to remember to write 2011 on their checks (I know there are a few out there, like me, who still sometimes write checks) and keep their resolutions.
In this space, I’ve written about the great ways people can use mailVU’s free video email service to send personal, private messages to loved ones. This time, in the spirit of a new year and new beginnings, I would like to propose a new resolution for educational institutions and businesses: using video email as a means to bolster your brand and keep consumers apprised of what’s new with your organization.
For sales and marketing, whether in education or business, consider the impact a personalized video have on a customer, employee or prospective student. These messages can be quick “thank you” videos for their business, or application follow-ups. Seeing that you took the time to send a video message helps the end-user not only remember you, but it will impress upon them that yours is an organization that places a high priority on client care. As always, your mailVU video messages are private and can never be searched on the Internet.
A few other uses for business and education include:
- Filling vacant positions Many jobs require excellent interpersonal skills and lots of enthusiasm. Asking candidates to submit a brief video introduction is a great enhancement to a text resume, providing hiring managers the ability to quickly identify candidates who have the company’s desired skill set. The hiring manager can send a video message to selected candidates, and later send the hired employee a personalized “welcome” message.
- Training Video messages designed to educate current employees about new practices or to ‘welcome aboard’ new workers can be sent at any time. Using video email is also beneficial to reach employees in remote or virtual offices. These employees can play the videos right from their email inboxes at their leisure.
- Corporate communication Sometimes, employees need to hear pep talks from their supervisors. With video mail, employees get the full meaning of their boss’s message by seeing and hearing their inflection and tone. Nothing gets lost in translation or left to an incorrect assumption!
- Marketing your school Video messages can be sent to students, alumni, community leaders, employers, government entities, and others to help promote the school.
- Online classes Video emailing can prove extremely helpful to professors submitting information to students, and for students returning assignments and oral exams. Videos are particularly useful for studies in foreign language, communication, speech, developmental English, and classes which require presentation skills.
- Admissions A video can be sent to prospective students offering them more information about the school and encouraging them to enroll. The college can also ask the students to record a brief video introduction of themselves as part of their application process.
- Placement The college can send videos to potential employers, touting the school’s academic attributes and student accomplishments. Students may create their own video resumes, introductions, and thank you messages for employers as well. Video messages can be used to help students find full-time employment and internships.
- College leadership and faculty communication College presidents can email videos designed to relay important educational information to students and staff; these messages can be in the form of weekly discussions and progress updates on issues relating to academic life. Faculty members may use the service to convey personal messages to each other. Video messages may also be sent to parents and students.
The different ways video mail can be used for your organization’s benefit goes on and on. Try it out and see what you come up with for your group!
For those who need something more personalized than the free service mailVU currently offers, video messages can be branded with your school or business logo and colors, creating a built-in advertising vehicle each time it’s used. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on branding for your business.
Of course, we always welcome casual users who just want to keep in touch. To you wonderful people, thank you for your continued use of our service and don’t forget to tell your friends all about us — and encourage those friends to tell their friends. You know mailVU is amazing, don’t keep it to yourself!
Happy New Year and happy video emailing!
-- Kamilla Gary Wyatt
Online Marketing Manager, mailVU
|share||like 19||report||274 views|