followers view all
|businesstechnologyso is not in any groups|
Is Your Website Not Showing Up on Search Results? SEO Audit Will Help You Figure Out the Problem
Every once in a while you visit your physical doctor for a checkup. It could be a nagging neck problem or just a bothersome itch that won’t go away. In most cases a thorough checkup has to be done before the medical professional diagnoses the issue and treats it.
SEO Audits as Health checkups
You must be wondering what your body has to do with your website but in fact this analogy is the best way to describe the role of SEO audits.
Just like your body needs a checkup to help you perform optimally your website needs an audit to ensure it is fully optimized for the search engines.
To appreciate why it is so crucial for your page to be optimized for Google and other search engines remember that SEO helps push up a website’s ranking on SERPs. With better ranking you are more visible and this means more traffic and increased sales. In essence optimisation translates to high ROI.
Moreover Google has been upgrading rapidly because the Internet is a highly dynamic platform.
In summary SEO audits help you to:
· Catch up with latest advances in SEO including the use different social media signals, knowledge graphs among others in SEO and how you can use them to rank better.
· Learn the status of your website’s online presence-whether it is ranking well or not and what can be done to improve rankings.
· Diagnose problems affecting your search engine optimisation strategy including broken links, missing URL among others.
· Learn how to address your site’s online PR
· Create a new SEO strategy based on your findings.
· For a new website an audit helps you to really know whether you have optimized the website well.
The Forensics of an SEO Audit
If you love Cold Case Files, DEA, CSI or Bones then you have an idea of what goes into a search engine optimisation audit.
Now stop shaking your head because this is true, just look at some of the steps involved:
· Investigation: With the Google Algorithm changing so rapidly you have to research and assess what changes have been rolled out recently and how they affect your website’s rankings.
· Keyword analysis: Your target audience is ever capricious and just because you had a good keyword 2 years back does not translate to success today. You must assess the quality of your keywords on a regular basis to avoid trying to rank for keywords don’t offer value any longer.
· Accessibility: If you cannot be seen then you don’t exist. Here a professional comes in handy to check ‘under the hood’ to ensure search engine bots can access/crawl your website easily, the site map is properly set up and that the general architecture of your website is search engine friendly.
· Checking on-page optimisation
· Finding dead pages and links.
These are just some of the few steps involved in an SEO audit- once the recommendations are made the actual work of fixing the problems starts. Having little success with your website SEO? An SEO audit is a good place to start if you want to fix the problem.
|share||like 5||report||82 views|