followers view all
|christina21maria is not in any groups|
Is Artificial Grass A Better Option Than Natural Grass For Pet Owners?
A well-maintained lawn is always appreciated, but many of us fail to see the effort that has been put in by the homeowners in maintenance and upkeep of such a lawn. Regular watering and de-weeding is required for lush green lawns. This requires a lot of time and money for fertilisers, insecticides, water etc. Even with all these efforts, the homeowners have to face the disappointment of colour changes in different seasons.
This is a great alternative for the conventional natural grass. Such a grass will give the lush green look of natural lawn with lesser effort. The grass will keep looking the same year on year and in different seasons as well.
In all probability, you would have seen artificial grass somewhere in your neighbourhood, but might not even have realised that it is artificial. This is because over the years a lot of advancement has been made in this field and today the quality has improved, so much that it is difficult to make out the difference between artificial and natural grass. Gone are the days when artificial grass actually looked and felt like green carpet and was nowhere close to the feel of grass.
Artificial Grass and Pets:
If you have a front yard or back yard and a pet at home, one of the biggest concerns that pet owners have is whether artificial grass will be safe for their pets. Besides being low maintenance, this grass is actually great for pets. Here is a list of advantages of choosing eco-friendly artificial grass for dogs:
- The earlier options of artificial grass showed a high level of lead. This was considered unsafe for pets. Manufacturers have addressed this issue and the artificial grass that is available these days not only looks and feels so much better than the earlier grass, but all traces of lead have been removed from it. It is advised however to avoid lead exposure choose a reputable and established synthetic grass company.
- Natural grass needs periodic chemical treatments for its maintenance like fertilisers, pesticides etc. If a pet dog likes to chew grass then all the chemicals gets ingested. In comparison, artificial grass does not need any kind to treatment so there is no risk of chemical exposure.
- Some spots in the natural grass where your dog relieves frequently will become brown in colour and will also have a build- up of bacteria. This is not the case with artificial grass, which requires easy cleaning and maintenance. If you are concerned about bacterial build-up in artificial grass then a simple spray of vinegar and water will do the trick.
- Most pet owners get a membrane installed between the turf and the base. This not only allows more air circulation, but also prevents the urine and pet waste from seeping into the ground and causing bacterial build-up. This is not possible in case of natural grass.
- Pet owners also have the option of including turf deodorizer that is included in the base preparation and infill. This helps to neutralise all odours caused due to the pets reliving themselves on the artificial grass. This is another advantage over natural grass.
From a pet owner’s perspective, artificial grass is not only easier to maintain, but is also pet friendly. Your pet will also be happy to get the feel of grass under their feet in all seasons.
|share||like 3||report||114 views|