Importance of Business Cards
Some of the importance of the business cards is as follow
1) Creative reminder- In this age of technology, business personals are flooded with messages and emails which makes the act of recording and tracking information quite attention demanding. In such case business cards can be creative reminder of you and your work.
2) Personality Showcase – Don’t just dismiss business cards as mere piece of paper. Remember! It’s a showcase of your personality. Business cards if well designed with appropriate information can foster in building your brand personality.
3) Professional outlook- Having business cards give you professional outlook. Business cards shows not only the information about your business but also show you are ‘actually’ committed towards achieving the purpose.
4) Referable- The habit of giving the business cards also contributes in improving the networking. The person to whom you give your card may not be under your professional expertise area. However, there always remains a chance of that person referring you to some other when time comes.
Having known importance of business card one shouldn’t simply ignore business cards design and content. The information you put and the design you choose are very fundamental for getting the attention. Some of the information about the design and information on business cards are discussed below:
1) Logo- Logo shows the brand of company. So, it should always be placed above of all the information. Logo should make sense if not display vision of your company. Whatever the logo may be makes sure you establish proper relation with the vision and brand of company.
2) Websites and emails- Business card without information of websites and emails makes it soulless. Websites and emails always act as reference for those people who want to know more about your business and product. Therefore if these details are missing, the card can be said as of no use. The font should be kept as simple as possible. That being said, however, the designs and creativity can still be used but it must be readable.
3) Quality – It is highly suggested to make the business cards on high quality paper. It helps to gain the positive impression from the stakeholders. Similarly, the quality of designs also plays significant role as it makes the card memorable and attractive.
4) Title – Title of your business should always be kept at the top. It may be alongside the logo or under underneath it. The font and the design is up to you. Generally, this place is considered to be the area where creativity can be portrayed.
5) Empty space- Business card design must contain create outlook. However inundating the card with irrelevant information diverts the stakeholder away. Therefore, empty space should always be there to give feel of concise card.