followers 3 popularity
following 1

followers  view all

following  view all

selvaraj is not in any groups


Social networking, writing, traveling.
Selvaraj Lukose | selvaraj

I Already Healed You

Nov 25th 2013 at 11:42 PM

(October 31, 2013)


I read a story when I was a boy. Some years ago a man lived in England. He was sick and ended up in a wheelchair for many years. He went through lots of pain, sorrows and loneliness. He was also helpless.

One day a young man gave him a tract. He took that tract and began to read. He saw the headline: ‘Why are you sick? I already healed you.’

Suddenly he believed, was touched by that word in his heart, and he said, 'Why am I in the wheelchair? I am healed! Yes! I am healed.' He jumped out of his wheelchair and felt complete healing. His faith and belief in God gave a miraculous healing. He became a mighty witness for God the rest of his life.

And so it is with me, Raj. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2012. When I went to the hospital, the doctor told me that I was not going to live a long time. I went through 12 biopsies, different scans, and doctors found that my cancer had spread to other organs, even to my bone. The doctor said I could not be treated and that I could not have radiation all over my body. The doctor said, 'You will be dying in a few weeks.' Two of the chaplains from the hospital asked me to sign a few papers and give 3 of my friend's names and addresses to inform them when I die, to facilitate taking my dead body back to India.

I told the doctor, 'Please do what you can, then leave the rest to God.' My doctor is a Christian Korean. I told the doctor I am not going to die. They put a catheter in me to shrink my bladder. Two months later, I went through 45 days of radiation. The following month I got a urinal infection. This continually bothered me for 5 months and I had a lot of pain. I went to urgent care 2 times and to the emergency room 5 times. Each time I spend 10 to 15 hours in those places. I was living alone and no one was able to stay with me and help me. My church and the American Cancer Society gave me a ride to radiation treatments and took me back home. During that time, if I died, no one would have known. Many people prayed for me, including my family back in India. As a result of radiation, they took my catheter out and again the doctor said I need to put the catheter back in for a while, but l refused because I was in pain for 5 months. Then I suffered continually for a few weeks.

Three months later, I went to the hospital for the cancer test. The doctors said my PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) was zero. The PSA test measures the blood level of PSA, a protein that is produced by the prostate gland. The higher a man’s PSA level, the more likely it is that he has prostate cancer. However, there are additional reasons for having an elevated PSA level, and some men who have prostate cancer do not have elevated PSA.

Three months later, I went again for the cancer test. The doctors said they could not find cancer in my body. I was supposed to get surgery and chemo-therapy, but the doctor told me I did not need to take these because they could not find cancer in my body.

THIS IS THE POWER OF PRAYERS. I always remember that word: 'Why are you sick? I already healed you.' I would like to speak more of my life stories. Our God is a miracle working God. My youngest daughter Sharen had a horrible illness when she was 14. I was in Dallas, Texas working to get my green card and could not go home. My daughter suffered for 3 months. She was in the hospital for 1 month and her condition got worse every day. Doctors said that she was going to die on a certain day. She was in a very expensive hospital. My son told me, 'Dad, the medical bill will be big money. Again, I do not want you to worry about the medical bill, Dad. God will take care of everything.'

I went to my room and prayed half an hour, then went to bed. I said, 'Lord, I want to see my baby when I go back to India.’ I woke up at 6 in the morning, took a shower as usual, made a cup of tea, then dressed and came to the telephone. I sat beside the phone and waited for my son's call. After 7 pm the telephone began to ring. I thought, 'This is my son. I don't know what happened to my baby.' But that call was from one of my friends from Canada. He asked me what I was doing. I said, 'I am sitting here, praying.' He told me, 'Raj, I am sending $10,000 for you by Western Union. This is not for your ministry. This is only for you and your family. Make sure this is for you and your family.'

Then I told him what was going on in India with my daughter. I said, 'Maybe she died last night.' I was praying for the money to pay all the medical bills. He said, 'Raj, this is the way God works. Yesterday I felt someone telling me to send you $10,000.' I thanked him and God for the provision. Then I expected my son's call. A few minutes later my son called me and said, 'Dad, Sharen died after 1 am. Everyone was crying and weeping. Doctors came and made sure that she was already dead. And with a great surprise 10 minutes later she just got up from the bed.' At that time a group of pastors had been praying for her healing in my father's church and they did not know that she died. The doctors ran to her bed. That news spread all over the hospital. Many people came to see her in that room. God raised my daughter from death.

This is not the whole story. Now she is 28 years old. She is very healthy and a web designer. She is a mighty witness to many young people and she is ministering among the youth. She went to study with YWAM (Youth With A Mission) in London during the Olympics.

I am writing about the wonder-working of God, so that you will believe. In 1981 I went to Okinawa, Japan to preach at a Charismatic convention. The mission I worked for was The World Hope Foundation, as a director over India. The president, Dr Harold Davis, sent me to Okinawa. A couple of weeks later I became sick. I was suffering from hepatitis B. I was very sick. For 10 days I was not able to eat and drink. I was suffering with high fever. Suddenly, I dropped in weight and I told my Japanese friend, 'Please take me to the hospital.' My friend Thakaesu took me to Nago City, about an hour drive from Okinawa. The doctor took some blood and sent us home. When I was going to my room on the 3rd floor, I heard the sound of the ambulance. The doctor called the Shibu hospital and told them to pick me up as soon as possible, because I was dying.

When I reached the Shibu hospital, in front of the emergency room, a group of doctors and nurses were waiting for me. As soon as the ambulance stopped, all were rushing to take me into the emergency room. When I went inside I went into a coma. I was in a coma for 3 days. My body was poisoned. Doctors said they were not able to do anything because I was out of their hands.

Then the doctors and my Japanese friend began to make plans to take my body back home as soon as possible, expecting me to die soon. They ordered a casket and collected money for the expenses. Three Japanese people also made a plan to accompany my dead body. While I was in a coma my family and many people began to fast and pray for my healing. While I was in a coma I could hear sometimes what people said and sensed my Japanese friends visiting me. To me, it was as though I was just sleeping, since I had not slept in 10 days.

On the 3rd day I opened my eyes and saw a lot of Japanese people around my bed. I lost my memory. I was thinking, 'Why am I here in the hospital? What happened to me? Okay, I will ask my friend in the morning.' Then my friend told me, 'Raj, we are very sad because you are going to live only a couple more hours.’ They explained about my situation. They said, ‘If you have anything to tell your family we will inform them.'

I said I have nothing to say because I am going home, not to die. While I was talking I went into a coma again.

One of the rich businessmen from the church talked to the main doctor in Shibu hospital. He said, 'I want him to live. I can spend as much money as you want, but I want him alive.' Doctors said, 'We are not able to do anything. We are 100% sure he is going to die because his body is poisoned.' The rich man asked him to do anything. Finally, the doctor said, 'We can do a plasma exchange, but you are going to spend a huge amount for plasma exchange and we are going to lose him and the money.' The man said, 'Don't worry about the money. Please try.'

The doctors began to do plasma exchange. The doctors cut between my thigh and my belly, and put a long tube inside a vein and began to clean my blood. There were few doctors and nurses around me at that time. Three hours later I opened my eyes and I saw I was lying on a tall table, fully naked. Some young, beautiful female doctors were around my bed, observing my condition. I looked for some bed sheets to cover my nakedness. They held my hand and said, 'Relax.' But I slipped away again into unconsciousness. They said that was the last time I woke up. They said I would be dying soon. They were observing and waiting for my death.

At 7 am I woke up. The doctors could not believe that I was alive. I said I wanted to sit up, so they said, 'You cannot sit up.' But the doctors lifted the bed where my head laid. One by one doctors and nurses came and talked to me, but I don't know what they said because no one spoke English. They gave me something to drink.

Half an hour later I saw my Japanese friend coming into the ICU. All my Christian friends in Okinawa thought I had already died. My friend came to my bed. His face was very sad. He was expecting to see my dead body. When he came close to my bed he could not believe that I was eating breakfast. He shouted with excitement. He could not believe that I was alive.

We have to believe that we are the most beautiful creation of God. He is our Father in heaven.

When Jesus was standing in front of Lazarus' tomb, the Bible says he cried before he raised Lazarus from the dead. The tears and sadness of Lazarus' sisters made him cry. He is very compassionate, very present in our troubles. After I came out from the hospital my friends took me all over Okinawa to pray for the sick. Many miracles happened. Many people believed in Jesus among the Buddhists, when they saw me and heard my story of healing. I was very, very tired, but when people saw my presence, I forsook my tiredness and ministered to them. The doctors wanted to put me in a small Christian hospital for 3 months, in order to bring about complete recovery, but I left Okinawa alone, after 1 month. The airline extended my ticket when they heard my story.

Another incident happened in 2008. I was living in Durham, North Carolina. It was in October, after the sunset, after 6 pm. I went to a convenience store at 7 pm, to buy a few things and returned to my apartment. It was dark. I saw an African American young man sitting close to my apartment. I looked at him. After I went by him I felt that he was following me. I looked back and saw he put a mask on his face and saw a pistol in his hand. I realized that he was going to shoot and kill me. In that area everyday someone was shot and killed. I was afraid and no one was there at that time. So many things came into my mind, especially my family. A fear came to my heart. Within a second a thousand things came into my heart. I realized within a few minutes I was going to die. I ask God, 'Please help me, I don't want to die. I want to go home and see my family.'

While he was pointing his gun towards me he asked me to run. I said, 'I live here.' The house was behind me where I stood. 'Why do you want me to run?' Again he said, 'Run man!' I thought that before he could shoot I could run away. While I turned to run he shot me in the upper part of my buttocks and I fell onto the cement. The bullet went into my stomach and cut a lot of places. My fall caused my right hand to dislocate.

I called the police. They came and took me to Duke University Hospital in Durham and I went through a major surgery. Before the surgery I gave my friends a telephone number in Durham and my doctor called them. They rushed to the hospital. The doctor told them that I am not going to survive because of my internal wounds, that I was bleeding in my stomach. They said tomorrow morning I will not be in this world.

Thank God, I never died. At 8 am they took me to ICU. So many of my friends were waiting for me in ICU. I was in ICU for 18 days and then spent 5 months in bed. My gracious God gave me life again. My Jesus is real to me. He is a miracle working God.

Man is a wonderful creation of God. David the Israelite king wrote in his psalm that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. God wants his creation to be healthy, beautiful, prosperous and full of well-being all their life. He does not like to see us sick, unhealthy, in poverty and in suffering.

I want you to know of the One who came from heaven to die for our sins according to the Scriptures. He is standing beside you. You do not need to go on a pilgrimage to any place to see him. He is not asking for medical expenses. What you have to do is receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, with your mouth confessing your sins, believing he died for you and rose again on the 3rd day, and that he is coming back as a King very soon. Submit yourself to God and he will save you. With his stripes you are going to be healed. He is a loving Father and he cares for you. Your confession and belief is very important.

Whatever problems you have he is ready to help you.

I am not always enjoying my life; sometimes he leads us in the valley of the shadow of death. My oldest daughter passed away in 2006. We gave her away to marry a young man, but he was an evil man. He killed my daughter. He had an affair with a girl before he married my daughter. Just after my daughter died, he married his lover. It is unbelievable for me to lose a precious child. But we never went to court or to the police, because we feel this incident is in God's court. We let God take care of him. My daughter is in heaven. Before she died she had a lot of visions and she shared them with everyone who was in her room. She sang a song, memorized Psalm 23, and prayed to give her life into God's hand. She was a strong believer and a loving personality.

I have been doing the work of the Lord for over 40 years. I have seen so many good and bad days, but my God was with me all the days of my life. Please accept him today and get the free healing from him because by his stripes we are healed.

Remember Christ is the answer, whatever problems you have.

This is what God has done for me and my family. He can do more than what he did in my life. If you want me to come to your church or fellowship, to share my wonderful testimony, please contact me -


Rev. Dr Selvaraj Lukose


Facebook: Selvaraj Lukose

Telephone: 214-859-7058

Address: 4052 Herschel Ave, Dallas,Texas 75219


I live in Dallas, Texas. I am trying to establish a ministry here. I am looking for a place to start the ministry, for all who need healing and prayers. Thanks for reading my testimony. May the Lord bless you. Let my life experience become a blessing to others, so please share my article.


Sincerely in Christ Jesus,

Selvaraj Lukose.

Please to comment

sign in

Remember Me

New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here