followers 1 popularity
following 0

followers  view all

Embassyinfo is not in any groups
Embassy info | Embassyinfo

How to UK Student Visa Requirements

Jul 18th 2014 at 3:31 AM

Any student, who is outside the UK and EU and wants to study in any of the universities or anywhere else in the UK, needs to apply for a student visa. But these visas are not for students who are pursuing part time courses in the UK. The eligibility for UK visa requires you to get a minimum of 40 points based on their 4 tier system that is known as 4 Tier Student Visa. You can achieve the 40 points by the following. You can sign fill in the Online Visa Application Form only when you have the following.

Course confirmation

First and foremost, you are required to receive a CAS or Confirmation for Acceptance for Studies from an approved university. By approved it means, UK Visa and Immigration should approve the university in terms of accepting international students. All universities that have applied has the HTS or Highly Trusted Status or has applied for this are fit to give your the CAS. 30 points are based on this and there are ‘A’ rated colleges that have the right to issues CAS numbers. Colleges that are in the 12 months transitional period and have to apply for the HTS within that period fall under the ‘A’ rating category. There are a few agencies that offer British Visa Application Tracking services along with helping you to get one and you can avail there services for getting your visa quickly.


You are required to prove your funding in terms of both your stay as in monthly expenses and your course fee with proper evidences. This segment carries 10 points.

On an average the tuition fees are about 11,000 pounds per year but can be as high as 36,000 pounds and even 8,000 pounds as well, depending upon the university and various other factors. As far as living expenses are concerned, you will require around 1,000 pound or a little more per month to stay in London and around 800 pounds to stay in the outskirts.

You can only apply for visa when you have the CAS number as without that your visa application would be rejected. So apply, only when you have accepted by any of the universities and the university itself will guide you through.

There are various embassy guides that offer information for free regarding American Visa Application Form or information about other countries as well to not only students but to travelers and tourists as well.

Please to comment

sign in

Remember Me

New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here