1youcantoo

How to Succeed when You Work From Home

Jul 1st 2010 at 12:21 PM
var sweeva_username = '1youcantoo'; var sweeva_mystats = true; if(null == sweeva_shown) { var sweeva_script = document.createElement('script');sweeva_script.setAttribute('language', 'javascript');sweeva_script.setAttribute('src', 'http://www.sweeva.com/cdn/js/widget.js');(document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(sweeva_script);var sweeva_shown = true;}

The biggest selling point for deciding to work from home can also be your biggest problem if you are not preparing yourself properly. Many people decide to work from home so that they can have the flexible schedule to allow them to be there for their family when needed. When you take a job working from the house, you will be able to make all of the doctor appointments and the school plays that you would have other wise missed out on.

If you are not careful though, this newfound freedom can set you back in your work and cause things to fall apart for you. Even though you have a lot of freedom when you work from home, you have to make sure that you are sticking to some sort of schedule. When something important comes up, you will be able to take time off work to tend to it because the rest of the time you were actually working. Make sure that you are not allowing yourself to fall into the pattern of thinking that "there is always tomorrow". Eventually, you will find yourself doing a whole lot of nothing and you will have the very small paycheck to show for it.

Create a schedule for yourself, which should include a lunch hour for yourself. Give yourself scheduled breaks, just as you would have if you were working outside of the home. When you are not on a break, make sure that you are concentrating on work. Forget about the bills, the checkbook and the laundry that is piling up. Concentrate on work and you will be able to get a lot done in your day.

Also, make sure that you are having a conversation with your friends and family about how you have decided to work from home. Many times, self employed people find that their friends and family think that they are always available for chat on the phone or run to the store, simply because they are home. Set ground rules about your workspace and the time you need to do your job. Once you get everyone to understand that even though you work from home you have a job, they will respect your time and space.

Http://www.riptidearmy.com

Nov 10th 2010 at 12:45 AM by azeril
This post/comment has been removed due to violations of our terms of use.

Oct 25th 2010 at 5:04 AM by andruha2010
i like home based work, but i doesn't like payment method.

Sep 28th 2010 at 7:13 PM by kemengr
Discipline and sticking to a schedule are highly essential, be it 9-5 job or WAH. Nice thoughts. However, please correct the code at the beginning because it confuses.

Sep 18th 2010 at 8:00 AM by visionary
I LIKE THIS ARTICLE SO MUCH! I especially like how you stated that you still need to stick to a schedule just like if you were working outside of the home and explaining to friends and family that even though you are working from home,you do have a job and need that time and space to do it. Stella

Sep 18th 2010 at 6:36 AM by chenmingli
definitely right,

Aug 25th 2010 at 6:56 PM by diablo42
you are exactly correct, my faceplate name is diablo42 and I have a business prop you and I may colloborate on and make some much needed money, let the amigo know adios Ms iyoucantoo

Aug 21st 2010 at 8:28 AM by virya
i like home based work... bt i doesn't like payment method..

Aug 17th 2010 at 4:14 AM by jakaroomba
this is really useful and I am going to print it out for future reference. I am just starting off in my home office and I am seeing these challenges especially during school holidays and when my partner is on leave from work. Thanks for a wonderful article.

Aug 5th 2010 at 10:05 AM by TerriLPattioMLMmento
That's exactly right what you said in your article. You have to manage your time wisely. Your home is business is your job, and when you are working, your devotion is to that and nothing else. Once you're done working then you can move on to whatever is on your schedule to do. I myself I have a schedule I follow and I try to stick to it. It working fine.

Aug 5th 2010 at 9:45 AM by bmshepp
This is so true. I had to learn how to put me on a schedule when I first started.

Aug 3rd 2010 at 11:13 AM by clair8
So True!! clair8

Jul 31st 2010 at 10:52 PM by coolindiansurfer
I am newbie - Thanks for this great post... Visit here if poss http://bit.ly/bqdnQe

Jul 31st 2010 at 5:55 AM by vinsot21
Good point of view, i will this day of mine to have proper and well operated schedule same as yours.

Jul 27th 2010 at 1:43 PM by MichelleRoberts
Very good points, I am a real estate broker and I work from home on occasion. The biggest hurdle is definitely time management with my boys. Not to mention that many people don't understand that just because you have a home office does not mean you can be interrupted for whatever anytime...

Jul 18th 2010 at 9:25 PM by 1youcantoo
I Been Working from home for a few years now and it is great. thanks for all your comments on this article. :) Would love to hear from more of you. Have a Great Week Meekin Bruemmer

Jul 14th 2010 at 7:48 AM by julijana2009
nice.but isnt easy that to do if nobody helps you.i know.i want that it could work for me too but i am not sure.have a nice day

Jul 13th 2010 at 5:01 PM by ChuckBartok
And don't forget to assure you are eligible for the 157 Tax deductions Congress allows for the Work at Home. Visit my blog at the FREE resource section and Download and READ the Featured Book. We also recommend a Software designed especially for the Home Office entrepreneurs. It assures your quarterly filings are easy. If you would like the link to the software contact me Here is link to the Blog page: Grab the featured Item http://youcanbuild.it/text-resource/free-resources/

Jul 7th 2010 at 2:09 AM by joefernandez
Nice article, and very true. A work from home business is a real business! It helps to write down exactly why you are doing it in the first place. I find this helps you stay focused.

Jul 4th 2010 at 7:31 AM by bspates
Another great article very informative thank you so much have a successful day.

Jul 3rd 2010 at 4:42 PM by Louie
Yeah your right... Making Money Online at Home is not a get to rich task. But with determination to succeed, patience, consistency, and a good resources. Your own your way to success.

Jul 3rd 2010 at 3:43 PM by terri
This is called FOCUS!! And I agree that you will have to be very consistant and disaplined to do Home based business.