LA is in the grip of the worst drought in recorded history. LA residents, understandably, are looking for better water saving options. The new plumbing tech is the way to go.
That said – How good are these fittings? How are you supposed to find exactly what you want when you’re looking for unfamiliar new fittings? What about design choices, functionality, and prices?
A few points to illustrate the differences:
• The new tech is way ahead of the old fossil fittings – This is well-proven technology. Each individual fitting is rated for its water saving metrics. Typically, these fittings save between 20% and 35% more water.
• These new fittings do more than the old fittings – A thing called the Grohe Blue Chilled and Sparkling faucet is a water chiller, carbonator, and a normal kitchen faucet all in one.
• The more efficient new fittings also deliver a better shower – Years ago, it was discovered that people use water according to time of use, rather than actual amounts of water. New shower heads deliver the water a bit more slowly, so you have a fabulous hot shower and use less water.
• If you’re getting the idea that plumbing fittings have come a long way, you’re right. There’s no comparison between the new tech and the ancient fittings of Sitcom land.
• The new fittings are coming on the market at consumer level, not Hollywood prices. Demand is high, and people love the new fittings, so prices start lower.
A company called Pyramid Pipe & Supply Co. has become LA’s go-to place for everything from bathroom faucets and kitchen faucetsto toilet fixtures and shower heads. You could call this a “wide” range. They have over 17,000 products including all the latest top brands.
For more information, and a firsthand look at the latest on the market, check out their website here at www.pyramidpipe.com. Expect to find yourself on a bit of a learning curve while you’re on this site. If you need some help with finding what you want, or need to know more about the new tech, contact them directly online or by phone.