How to responsibly manage sales and relationship with customers
An account manager works for a company looking after the sales and developing relationship with the customers. They only manage the relationship with the assigned customer and are not supposed to manage the accounts. The client will prefer to remain with only one manager who is responsible to serve as an interface between the customer service and sales. This relationship with the client remains for a long duration. The main work in Sales Accounts Manager Jobs understands the client’s needs and demands, and then plans the ways to meet these demands and lastly try to generate sales for the company.
Responsibilities of a manager
• The responsibility differs from one company to the other depending upon the type of work, the nature of business and the size of the company.
• The account manager has to first report to the account director about the status on the activity of the accounts.
• The manager is entitled to manage both a single account and a variety of accounts as well as transactions. Of course the responsibility varies not only between companies but also accounts.
• The companies in big cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai have a great job opening for accounts manager as it is easier in such places to generate sales and reach the target.
• The opportunities in sales are huge even in Pune, Gurgaon. Kolkata and Noida and so the job as accounts manager is in great demand. Here they have to identify new sales with the account that is existing and remain as a manager by up-selling and cross-selling.
• It is very important in Sales Accounts Manager Jobs in Mumbai to manage the clients and solve conflicts by interacting and coordinating with the sales team.
• Budget being the most important issue is established with the clients by the accounts manager and try their level best to meet time deadline for their accounts.
What is the work environment?
The accounts manager have to work in both small and large companies like for example financial, corporate, retail or even government. So you can get a wide job opening in many large cities as Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad. The cities that have scope to handle specific clients create lot of jobs like in cities as Chennai, Pune, Gurgaon, Kolkata and Noida. The managers handle marketing consultancies and commercial organisations devoting about 40 hours of work weekly.