followers view all
|christina21maria is not in any groups|
How to judge the quality of Fabric for Uniform – 7 tips
Uniform creates a pride in individuals about their organisation. Choosing the fabric for corporate looks is a challenging task. A wrong fabric can result in a total mess for an organisation. The fibre content of the fabric will determine the comfort of the garment one is wearing. Some of the natural fibre fabrics are cotton, linen, silk, wool and ramie.Therefore it is important to choose right kind of cloth fabric for a company. The total image group have a team of specialists that have been designing uniforms for many business houses in Melbourne as well as Sydney.
Below are some key points that should be kept in mind while selecting the cloth fabric:
1. Texture- Today there is lot of fabrics in the market ranging from cotton to silk. However it is important to check which of the fabric will be suitable for an organization as a daily wear. For example for formal shirts -cotton voile, rayon challis, linen is best suited stuff.
2. Comfort –It is important to check the comfort level of the uniform .For example a tight sleeved shirt or trouser may result into uneasiness for the whole day. The cloth fabric should be comfortable to wear
3. Quality of the fabric –Qualityof fabric is a must as the uniform has to be worn on a daily basis. Also it is important to check the quality of its weave. Clothes with tight weave are better than the loose weaved cloth. You can feel the difference between the good quality fabric and one with a lesser quality fabric content
4. Durability- For working in a corporate sector the uniform should have durability.It does not give a good impact if the clothes lose its durability and starts wearing out. Generally natural fibres like cotton, silk, wool stand up better in terms of quality and durability than synthetics, but some new synthetics are worth consideration.
5. Weight- It is one of the ways in which fabric is classified. While selecting the fabric look at how much recovery and thickness the fabric has. The cotton fabric is a light weight and thus is used in making formal shirts and trousers. It breathes by allowing the air to circulate and is very durable.
6. Colour-The colour used in the cloth of the garment should be fast .The suitability of the colours should be checked before buying the fabric. It is important to check the shade of the colour in natural light.
7. Pattern- A pattern is a template from which the parts of the garment are traced onto fabric before being cut or assembled. The pattern of the fabric should be seen before buying the fabric for uniform.
Apart from this fabric characteristics may vary depending upon shrinkage, elasticity, blend and dye while selecting the fibre for the uniform. If you want to get uniforms designed for your company, the team at total image group can be of help. They have years of experience in designing the corporate uniforms.
|share||like 7||report||86 views|