followers view all
|mcgowantranscription is not in any groups|
How the Transcription Process Works
Data, speech, or spoken content transcription is a straightforward process. Recorded dictation or information that requires transcription can be sent to a transcriber who will then convert your audio file into a typed, editable document, according to your requirements. Different types of transcription software may also be used to aid in more accurate transcription of the dictation, along with standard templates or user-generated templates to meet your specific requirements. The completed document is then QA'd before the final transcription can be delivered. Sometimes, recorded files are also split into smaller parts for easier transcription and division of labour, so certified transcriptionists can transcribe each part accurately and cleanly. While these steps are quite basic, certain standards must be met in order to ensure quality transcription of recorded data and information. Here are some things to remember during each phase of the transcription process:
- Recording – Use a quality recorder or device when recording the information that requires transcribing. There are different kinds of digital recorders available on the market, to help you create quality recordings. Spoken content is easier to convert to text when recordings are clear and audible. This also means a faster turnaround and a more precise transcription of your recording.
- Sending –Sending or uploading your recorded files is simple. You can upload your recordings to our website so our transcribers can have instant access to them. Here at McGowan Transcriptions, we don't encourage recorded files to be sent through email as most ISPs have a 10 MB limit on attachments. Additionally, recordings that have travelled around via the email system often get distorted, which can lead to poor transcriptions. Our Sharefile system provides an efficient means of uploading without file size limits and offers faster upload time for clients.
- Transcription –Raw transcription of dictated/recorded files can begin as soon as you have uploaded your file and specified your requirements. Here at McGowan Transcriptions we ensure high quality transcriptions every time. All our transcriptionists have gone through extensive training and have English as their mother tongue. Each of our specialists has also gone through tests and all the requisite education to make sure quality of work is kept. We have a strict no-subcontracting policy to ensure all our standards are met.
- Quality Assessment – Proofreading and quality assessment is an essential part of the transcription process, guaranteeing 100% accuracy for each transcribed document. No transcription leaves our care without strict quality control.
- Delivery – Delivery of transcribed documents are always on time, in the exact format that the client has specified.
About The Author:
This article is written by Joe McGowan, who is associated with McGowan Transcriptions. McGowan Transcriptions are the leaders in digital transcription services in the UK and are at the forefront of digital transcription technology.
|share||like 5||report||47 views|