followers view all
|christina21maria is not in any groups|
Hiring Reliable and Experienced Discrimination Lawyers to Fight Against Favoritism
When it comes to any workplace, everyone should be treated fairly. Most of the working environment in Los Angeles provides an excellent working environment for their employees, but in certain cases discrimination can take place. In such situation, you need the best and experienced lawyers, who can fight for justice.
Understanding Employment Discrimination
Employment discrimination comes into picture when there is any form of discrimination based on gender, age, caste, sexual orientation, disability, race or religion.
The US government has passed on many laws pertaining to discrimination. Some of them are as follows:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) - pertaining to race, color, national origin, sex and religion
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act - pertaining to pregnancy and childbirth
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA) - pertaining to providing equal wages to both men and women
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) - protecting people over the age of 40 from discrimination
- Sections 102 and 103 of the Civil Rights Act of 1991 - protection against monetary damages in intentional discrimination cases
- Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) - pertaining to disabled employees
Types of Discrimination
First and foremost, you need to understand the different types of discrimination that prevail in an organization. Some of the most common ones are as follows:
- Discrimination Based on Disability - This occurs when a well-qualified employee with disability is being unfairly treated by not providing the same benefits or services that the company would provide to other employees
- Age - This type of discrimination occurs when a person is treated unfairly due to their age. For instance an experienced elderly employee gets replaced by their younger subordinate
- Harassment - This comes into play when a person threatens, ridicules, mocks at, insults or makes use of offensive words to other people, In simple words, any form of offensive conduct
- Retaliation - A case of discrimination can be filed if your employer has sacked, demoted or harassed you when you filed a lawsuit against them
- Sexual Harassment - This includes any form of sexual advances, requests or favors against employees. This can either be verbal or physical
- Race, Color - This involves treating an employee unfairly because they belong to a particular race or color
- Pregnancy - This occurs when a woman employee is treated unfairly due to her pregnancy, medical condition or childbirth. She should be treated the same way as one would treat any other temporarily disabled employee
- National Origin - This involves treating people unfavorably because they belong to a different country
Importance of a Discrimination Lawyer
When it comes to hiring the best Los Angeles CA Discrimination lawyers, you need to do your homework. A good and reliable lawyer will understand the complications in your case and give you the best solutions that can put the case in your favor.
Ensure that you ask for referrals from lawyers before you finalize on one. They should be well versed with the different discrimination laws and should be able to answer all your queries pertaining to your case.
If you or anyone in your workplace has been treated unfairly, raise your voice against it. Consult your lawyer and see whether you can file for a lawsuit against the same.
|share||like 2||report||90 views|