Get the Perfect Towel for Your Bath Time
Choosing a good towel may not be an easy task especially when there are so many available in the market. You can find a lot of inexpensive towels available in a good bargain, but most of them are made of thin and poor quality fibers which often results to poor absorption power, toughness and resiliency. There are many types of materials used in making a towel; however, cotton towels are the most preferred choice worldwide because of the natural and ultra-absorbent fiber. Tenderness, absorbency and longevity are the three major factors that define a good towel. It should be plush, fluffy and soft when you touch it and it should appear thick and full when it is folded.
Soft towels can be qualitatively measured by the gram weight per square meter. The weight of the gram weight is directly proportional to the plumpness of the towel. A good towel must have a gram weight in the 600s and the one with 700s would make the towel much suppler. You must choose the towels with higher gram weight either for your domestic use or for gift purpose as there is no substitute for quality. Soft towels are one of the life's simplest pleasure as well as a necessity. So to choose a good towel, you must consider the facts on how the towel is being made.
The most common techniques are
In order to be plush and plump, the towel must have a lower twist per inch.
To remove any impurities, the cotton is combed with very fine brushes. This results in the removal of soft and short fibers that helps in creating long, lustrous and softer cotton which is perfect to weave a good towel. In fact, this procedure is used to manufacture the
baby bedding sets.
• Ring spun
To make the fiber tough and smooth, the fibers are tightly twisted and compacted together. Ring spun cotton is made by combining long and short staple fiber yarn. Unlike low twist cotton, this method helps to create a refined and softer towel compared to basic combed cotton fiber. It helps to create a cozy and durable towel and baby bedding sets.
Once you are a proud owner of a soft and plump towel, you should also take a proper care of the cotton towels so that it can remain tender and gorgeous for a long time.
• You can buy and use more than one towel alternately and it can increase the longevity of the towel.
• A new towel should be washed before use, as it will make the towel more comfortable and absorbent.
• If you have both light and bright colored towels, then you should wash them separately with non-biological detergent. Bleaching agents, enzymes or any optical whitener should be strictly avoided as it can potentially discolor the towel and make it coarser.
• You may use a very little amount of fabric conditioner, but its use should be restricted as it can tone down the absorbency of the towel by glazing the cotton loops with a cover of the silicon-like component.
• You should dry it on a line and as the excess water is drenched out, and it is almost dry, you may put it in a tumble dryer for a few minutes on low heat that would add an extra tenderness and a velvety feel.
Linen Drawer is a freelance writer who looks at issue of interior design and beautification and how products for example cotton towels can be used to augment the visual appeal of the room. To know more about “baby bedding sets” visit our website www.linendrawer.co.za.
|share||like 1||report||29 views|