Bill Douglas | netpreneur
Plug holes in your affiliate links that cost you commissions. Stops 99% of commission losses. Save hundreds. 72% off. Get huge bonus here =>
1 year ago

Faceplaters - optimize your spotlights!

Oct 20th 2010 at 8:52 PM

You can easily make a great splash on your faceplate by adding a little HTML (HyperText Markup Language).

Here's a little tip. You can use html code in the text section of spotlight area. This is a great opportunity to post banners along with text to enhance the message you want  to convey.

You can visit my faceplate's spotlights to see this in action.

Below is the code I used to post a spotlight banner for Reseller Goodies, a way to make free 100% commissions instantly and directly to your paypal. Note: to get the code to display in its native format I had to delete one of the angle brackets(< ) and (>). You would delete this for it to work properly.

p  a href="" target="_blank" img src="" border="1" alt="" width="468" height="60"   /a /p p iWatch the three-minute video for FREE CASH, even for free members! DON'T MISS THIS! /i /p p If you upgrade to the b PRO /b widget I will: /p ol li add b u YOUR link /u /b to my rotator for a MONTH so you get free traffic/li li give you a BONUS software pack worth $197 /li li b host/b your digital store if  u you have no website /u  for bFREE/b /li /ol /p

The a href="" /a provides a place to insert your website or affiliate link. Ensure it's enclosed by quotation marks.

img src="" is the  banner link.  Ensure it's enclosed by quotation marks.
b /b, u /u and i /i are attribute modifiers that bold, underline or italicize the text enclosed by them.

The ol li /li /ol combinations allow you to create unordered lists to make the presentation of any promotional material look more professional and readable. Use ol /ol at the very beginning and end of the entire list; use  li /li at the beginning and end of each individual list item.

With these basic code parts you can create  some very powerful presentations for your faceplate.

I wish you all the success in creating yours!

Nov 16th 2010 at 5:22 PM by troy48
I like the idea, but unfortunately I have not mastered HTML, as yet, Thanks for the info
Oct 31st 2010 at 10:01 PM by drkelp
Thx for the info on using HTML, always good to lift the std of content. Thank you, Grant
Oct 22nd 2010 at 11:06 AM by AbdeelMarketing
Excellent post Bill. I too had not realized you could use HTML in spotlights. I "like'd" this as well as emailed the link to my home address so I can post it to my bookmarks. I will surely take advantage of this feature in the near future. Thanks for sharing. Bill
Oct 21st 2010 at 7:17 PM by guppydas
Good post. I didn't realise we could put HTML in spotlight.