followers view all
following view all
Break Away from Web Confusion!!
I have just been sitting here surfing on a tabbed browser with the sound turned on. What a cacophony and distraction of web confusion!! Messages coming from everywhere, noisy, disordered and distracting. So how do you get around this as a surfer and as an advertiser ?
As a Surfer
- Turn sound off while you surf. This will preserve your sanity. When I surf I have the sound turned off and listen to my iPod. That way I get peace of mind coupled with music that I choose.
- Try not to surf too many tabs at once. While you can surf 20 sites at once this actually contravenes many programs terms and conditions and adds to what I call web confusion. I have found that 5 tabs works well and allows me to digest what the advertisers are trying to see to me
- Take opportunities. Never leave credits unclaimed. Free credits from offers will help you get exposure for your program
As an Advertiser
- Don't use sound on your site. Most surfers work multiple sites at once and your voice or message gets lost in a maelstrom of confused messages
- Don't use java scripting unless you have to - the reason for this is that many browsers allow you to turn off scripting so that people using Firefox with this feature enabled will not even see the scripted parts of your site. If you don't believe me then try this out: Go to my site http://bit.ly/drkelp using Firefox and then Internet Explorer. All the java scripted boxes etc will not be visible on Firefox.
- Keep your message simple and use splashpages that load quickly and just use basic html - people very quickly get sick of flashy sites. My site is very basic, looks AMATEURISH but I get consistent results, why? Because experienced web surfers get sick of gimmicks, videos, flash files etc. These all add to the confusion.
Good luck as you find the calm in the midst of the storm...
|share||like 76||report||999 views|