followers 4 popularity
8
following 0

followers  view all

Groups
KenDrazin is not in any groups

Interests

Social Media
Online Marketing
Technology
Data Management
Running
Charity Work with Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
KenDrazin

Attention Toms River Merchants! There is a better way.

Dec 30th 2010 at 11:11 AM

Just this past week eMarketer confirmed what we all knew would happen sooner or later- ad spending on the web has surpassed ad spending in print. Online ad spending for 2010 is up 13.9% 25.8 billion, while advertisers are expected to spend just 22.78 billion on print ads this year, down 8.2% from 2009 according to eMarketer estimates.

The trend is obvious the money is flowing towards the internet and that is where all local businesses need to be. The bottom line is Seventy percent (70%) of all consumers are using the internet to research local goods and services before they buy, that is where people go for information, and that is where the consumers are.

Follow the money…

I’m sure some of you have read these stats before: Most people spend 80% of their income within 20 miles of their home and 75% of the visitors to a local business live within 50 miles of the store.

We all know that most local businesses aren’t making any money on the web. So, it stands to reason the majority of their income comes from Local residents.

Yet, most local merchants don’t have an inexpensive way to interact with their costumers. The only weapons at their disposal are traditional, expensive channels; Yellow pages, newspapers, and snail mail. Then they have to wait for somebody to show up to buy something. Most businesses will maybe ask for my phone number or zip code. What are they going to do with this? Send me mail or call me. These marketing channels are too expensive and inefficient.

There is a better way… Every small business needs a website. But, that is only 20% of the formula. The other 80% is promoting your website and integrating it into everything you do. Over the next few months I will be posting frequently on the many different techniques local businesses can use to turn their website into a costumer focused, lead generating machine. Don’t blow this off. It matters!

Ken Drazin

TheTomsRiver.com

0 comments
Please to comment

sign in

Username
Password
Remember Me


New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here