Groups
· FREE Online training for success
· Christian quotes
· Your favorite Internet Radio channels
· Save Energy
· Faceplate Features
· THE CHRISTIAN LIFE
· What do you like about IM faceplate?
· IM faceplate Fans Unite
· Pictures of the day
· Website Tips
· Technology and Your Life
· Favourite Forum Topics
· PET LOVERS
· Social Bookmarking Sites
· social network for business
· Positive Thinking
· Article Marketing 101
· Just for Laughs
· Fake News
· Integrating FacePlate with your marketing strategies
· The Internet Diner
· Prospecting
· New menu and other additions
· IM faceplate widget for your website
· Share your blog
· My Account Glitches
· Top Ways To Get FREE Website Traffic
· Share a video
· 12 Days of Giveaways 2011 IM faceplate
· Good Times With Family and Friends
· Real Internet Income
· Shopping Online

Interests

* Real Internet Income

* E-Commerce Associates Program

* My Affiliate Power Site v.2.0

* Free Website Traffic eBook: http://affiliatepowercentral.com/freetraffic/index.html

* Affiliate Marketing, Internet Marketing,
Writing, Reading, Nature, Music, Humor,

* Friendly Entrepreneur Forums at http://tinyurl.com/ecforum

* Personal Development resources at Brian Tracy International http://tinyurl.com/bti4gt
GT Bulmer | GTBulmer
─► Open Your Own Fully Stocked Online Store Instantly (blog post) ─► http://affiliatepowercentral.com/home-business/open-your-own-fully-stocked-online-store-instantly/
1 year ago

Article Writing Tips for Internet Marketing

Aug 30th 2010 at 11:51 PM

GT BulmerGT Bulmer © Affiliate Power Central

Most online marketers agree that Article Marketing is one of the best ways to promote your website, create backlinks and build your brand. However, writing an effective article can be challenging. Here are a few article writing tips for Internet Marketing.

There are different approaches to writing an effective article, different schools of thought on the best way to approach writing for the online market. The tips I offer today are based on my experience as a freelance writer, as a newspaper editor and reporter, and as an experienced public speaker.

Writing for the Internet market is very similar to some styles of newspaper reporting where you lead with the most important detail and work progressively towards the least important. Online readers want key information to be presented quickly and clearly and they don’t want to have to dig through the article to find the information promised in the title.

Additionally, an effective article should be structured in three parts like an effective speech or presentation: briefly tell them what the article is going to cover, cover it, and then briefly recap what you just told them and remind them why the information is important to them.

For example, if you were going to offer three recommended ways to get targeted traffic to a website, your introductory paragraph should clearly state that is what the article is going to be about. You are preparing the reader’s mind for the information that is to come.

After you have drafted an opening statement that is brief and to the point, follow up with the body of the article, an elaboration of the three key points. Keep each point focused and clear. It’s great to offer examples and tell stories, but keep them tightly focused on the point being covered.

After you have covered your three key points, wrap the article up with a closing statement or paragraph. You can say something like, "You now know three recommended ways to drive more targeted traffic to your website. Knowledge is power, but only when it is applied effectively. Take these three points and apply them to your Internet Marketing business today and watch the results begin to flow in tomorrow."

A call to action, as demonstrated above, can serve an important purpose. It is like a wakeup call because readers sometimes need a little push in the right direction to know what they are supposed to do next. If your message is clear, your tips are focused and meaningful, and you encourage your readers to take action, they will appreciate the article and they will recognize and remember you as a preferred source for future information.

Here are a few more tips to help you write effective articles for the online market:

- Unless you are an experienced and talented storyteller, do not write long articles. Write so the reader can read it in three to five minutes. Articles around 500 words or less will serve the purpose.

- Keep your article simple. Avoid uncommon words and expressions and keep your concepts basic.

- Use short paragraphs: three to five lines are best. Readers find it tiring and sometimes confusing to have to read long stretches of text with no breaks.

- Make the article informative and interesting. Effective writers write from the heart, with passion, allowing their character to shine through at times. Readers respond well to a personal style of presentation.

My purpose here has been to provide a few writing tips and a bit of inspiration to help members of IM faceplate craft better articles. Article Marketing can be valuable to an online business. The article writing tips for Internet Marketing as presented here can help you become a more effective writer – if you apply them to your articles. Go for it!

Oct 14th 2012 at 11:17 AM by jewells
I particularly like this bit of information, great advice. Thanks you for Sharing GT..:)

Dec 21st 2011 at 4:29 PM by GTBulmer
Hey, Paul: Thanks for the positive comment! GT :-)

Mar 6th 2011 at 5:17 AM by mrpgn123
Great advice

Jan 21st 2011 at 7:26 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, greatsuccess and Lisa: My thanks to each of you for reading this article and posting a comment. GT :-)

Jan 21st 2011 at 5:08 PM by myprofitrocket
This is a great article, thanks so much! I have wanted to try article marketing...and this information will help me greatly! Take care! Lisa

Jan 4th 2011 at 12:25 AM by greatsuccess
wow, nice article, thank you for sharing your valuable thought. all will be thank you for this

Dec 6th 2010 at 11:06 AM by GTBulmer
LOL, Hello, Joy. Thanks for reading and posting a comment.

Although I still struggle with it sometimes, in the beginning, I had a big problem in online marketing forums trying to keep my forum posts short! Then Twitter came along and helped me to shorten my comments.

One thing I do in my articles, whether long or short, is include lines between the paragraph breaks, and I keep the paragraphs short – maybe only one or two sentences, most of the time. Otherwise, long paragraphs with no breaks are tiring and difficult for the reader.

Anyway! This post is getting too long! Thanks again for posting a comment. GT :-)

Dec 6th 2010 at 11:01 AM by joydhealey
Article Marketing has been my most effective way of generating traffic - far better than anything I've ever paid for! (But I guess I should shorten my articles a bit....!)

Dec 3rd 2010 at 1:24 PM by drkelp
THx GT. This comment is going to say how good your article was. Your article was clear, concise and useful. In conclusion I have told you that your article was good and that you should write others. Did I get it right - word length is a bit short lol

Nov 18th 2010 at 9:27 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Judy: Thank you for reading this article and posting a comment. I always appreciate comments! :-)

Nov 12th 2010 at 5:37 PM by judyhwright
Hello from Montana, I always learn from your articles. Thanks for sharing tips and techniques that will help all of us to be better writers. jhw

Nov 9th 2010 at 9:25 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Ian and Pauluz: Thank you both for reading and posting comments on this article. :-)

Nov 7th 2010 at 1:48 AM by pauluzmartine
Nice tips Bulmer.. Thnx 4 sharing this

Nov 6th 2010 at 8:28 PM by ianb1970
A very Informative and comprehensive article GT, Thanks for sharing this information - much appreciated and keep up the good work .

Nov 3rd 2010 at 11:05 AM by GTBulmer
Hello, Webmaster: Thanks for the encouragement! It's always good to know that other IM faceplate members are gaining insight and inspiration from these articles. GT :-)

Nov 3rd 2010 at 10:50 AM by webmasteradvance
Hi Bulmer, I really love this article. It gives me more insights on how to write articles for internet marketing.

Nov 3rd 2010 at 9:59 AM by GTBulmer
Hello, Gloria: Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to know you appreciate the tips provided here. GT :-)

Oct 26th 2010 at 12:53 AM by gloriadouglas
I liked your writing tips for internet marketing. It's been a long time since I've been in school and had forgotten some of the important parts of writing short stories! Thanks

Oct 21st 2010 at 8:36 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, bskanth: Thank you for the supportive comments! I appreciate it. :-)

Oct 21st 2010 at 7:54 PM by bskanth
Your article is very interesting and informative.

Oct 16th 2010 at 11:26 PM by GTBulmer
Hey, Steve: Thanks for the comments. I didn't work in the newsroom for as many years as you did (only two), but it sure FELT like 24 years, LOL. :-)

Oct 14th 2010 at 7:26 PM by stevesam
Great points to remember, I'll incorporate this in any articles I write. Also, like to say, I worked for the RockyMtn. News Mailroom 1985 to 2009, retiring 18 months ago. Its great to be retired and work this IM or any business. stevesam

Oct 14th 2010 at 10:57 AM by GTBulmer
Hello, Judy: Thank you for reading this article and posting a comment. When we write articles, we need to keep the reader in mind. Short paragraphs help to focus the topic. :-)

Oct 10th 2010 at 1:36 PM by judycook4
To GT Bulmer I like your article on Tips for Internel Marketing as you said keep your paragraphs short. Make is interesting

Oct 8th 2010 at 10:17 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Solare and Melvin: I appreciate your comments here. Writing, and article marketing, seem mysterious and challenging for many Internet Marketers. The absolute best thing to do is take control of any fear or apprehension a person might have about doing it, and jump right in! With each article you write, you gain a bit more experience; and with every bit of experience you get, you grow in confidence! One step at a time. Go for it! :-)

Oct 5th 2010 at 11:09 PM by MatosNYC
Thanks so much for the Article Writing Tips, very interesting! I am new to this online biz thing and I know nothing about article marketing. So thanks again for taking time to share that.

Oct 3rd 2010 at 1:26 AM by flconversation
"Make the article informative and interesting. Effective writers write from the heart, with passion, allowing their character to shine through at times. Readers respond well to a personal style of presentation." This is so true. Everybody has his own style of writing. Especially on the 'www' you'll read about the same thing/theme a lot of articles. Therefore the choice is not only made by the offer but also by the author: is he able to talk to me, to grap my thoughts, my way of understanding. As English isn't my primary language I always appreciate reminders like this.

Sep 30th 2010 at 9:50 AM by GTBulmer
Hello, Courtney, Catherine and Troy! Thanks for posting comments to this article. A writer always appreciates feedback (and attention! lol) :-)

Sep 30th 2010 at 5:12 AM by TroyMaclean
Excellent suggestions GT, I have been writing articles for quite a while now and always learn something new.

Sep 29th 2010 at 8:04 PM by catherinedwhite
Nice one GT. And you applied your own tips, how convenient.

Sep 28th 2010 at 8:39 AM by coulawrence
Thanks GT for posting this article and I appreciate Your follow

Sep 21st 2010 at 10:03 AM by GTBulmer
Hello, Carol: You are welcome! A persona can outsource their writing needs, but it doesn't hurt to develop the skill a little and practice it on occasion. Even if an Internet Marketer is not writing articles, they use written communication skills in many ways. :-)

Sep 21st 2010 at 7:03 AM by caroljbs
Wow, thank you Len, I am impressed. I am not a writer but I have been interested in learning for some time now. Thank you and I have put some of it on my Sticky notes to use in the future. Blessing.

Sep 17th 2010 at 11:33 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Len: Thanks for the compliment! I am pleased that you have found value and inspiration in this article about articles. I encourage you to keep writing! The more you do it, the better you get, and writing is one of the most important and valuable communication tools that you can ever acquire. Way to go, my friend! :-)

Sep 17th 2010 at 3:16 PM by Healthsmart
Hi GT Bulmer This article is so coool. I love it! Thanks for the info. You are precise organized and as I read more a very good writer yourself. I just got interested in writng articles a few months ago just to see if I could do it.As I began writing I figured anyone who offered me advice was going to be a friend. These tips are invaluable. I now have a small focus and I am more able to organize my thoughts .They are helpful and to the point Thankyou

Sep 14th 2010 at 2:09 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Kimberly, Judy and Camilla: Thank you for your comments here on this article. It's great to offer info and recommendations to others, and besides that, my point of view is that, no matter what our level of writing experience and expertise is, there is ALWAYS room for improvement ... that's why I keep practicing! ;-)

Sep 14th 2010 at 6:27 AM by cmsolution
Nice article, however, I add that internet article should not exceed 500-600 words.

Sep 11th 2010 at 12:54 PM by judycook4
To GT Bulmer Thank you for your tips. These are really great especially for people who have been out of school seveal years. All of us need help in this area.

Sep 10th 2010 at 5:55 AM by kimberlymcguiness
Thanks GT for posting this article and the follow. Very helpful, short and to the point. I look forward to reading more tips. Have a fruitful Friday. -Kimberly

Sep 9th 2010 at 10:55 PM by GTBulmer
Hey, David! As a fellow writer, and knowing that you are an educator (living and working in Japan), I especially value your comments and feedback. I encourage fellow IM faceplaters to visit your faceplate: http://www.imfaceplate.com/DavidHurley :-)

Sep 9th 2010 at 10:52 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Preben (ecco1729): Thank you for your comments – I enjoyed your humour ("wrong side of the door" lol). My plan is to write more articles for IM faceplate, as time allows. :-)

Sep 9th 2010 at 10:50 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Max: Thanks for posting a comment here and sharing the point that was most meaningful to you. :-)

Sep 9th 2010 at 10:48 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Doug (blackfolder1): Thank you for the compliment and for the note about how I encouraged you with your first article. That's great to know! :-)

Sep 7th 2010 at 7:37 AM by DavidHurley
Hi GT, you've provided some great tips to help people get to grips with article writing, but then you are speaking from a wealth of experience.

Sep 4th 2010 at 12:31 AM by ecco1729
Hi GT Bulmer, I am newbie as article writer, two months ago, I had not written my first article yet. I have read your article with great interest, please write several similar articles. Have a blessed weekend. ~ Preben (ecco1729) Ps. English is not my cup of tea, and I regret today that I was not more in the classroom and less on the wrong side of the door.

Sep 2nd 2010 at 11:14 AM by houseofmax
Some rally good information on article writing you have posted here. I particularly like "Keep your article simple. Avoid uncommon words and expressions and keep your concepts basic."

Sep 2nd 2010 at 6:24 AM by blackfolder1
Great article GT! I always try to read your articles. The first article I ever wrote you left my first comment on and said it was good. That means a lot more now that I know you used to be a newspaper editor! Also explains why your articles are always so good! Have a good one! Doug

Sep 1st 2010 at 2:59 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, James (tyjesbak): Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaving town for a few days, but plan to write and post another article for IM faceplate when I return. :-)

Aug 31st 2010 at 6:12 PM by tyjesbak
GT, Great article. Very informative and to the point. Look forward to reading more of you stuff in the future.

Aug 31st 2010 at 1:32 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Philippe: I am familiar with Writer's Digest, but I've never written for them. Hey, thanks for your comments, and thanks for the bookmark. :-)

Aug 31st 2010 at 1:29 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, William (wbeil48): Thanks for the encouraging comment. :-)

Aug 31st 2010 at 1:28 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Soroya: Thanks for adding a link to this article on your Article Mind Maps article - http://www.imfaceplate.com/yhbecpublisher/write01-article-mind-maps - Very much appreciated! :-)

Aug 31st 2010 at 1:25 PM by GTBulmer
Hey, Dave: Yes, please feel welcome to republish this on http://kooiii.com/. I'd be honoured and glad to help! :-)

Aug 31st 2010 at 10:40 AM by phmoisan
Hi GT, did you ever write for Writer's Digest ? IMO, your style is perfect for that magazine. It's no surprise, really, with the background you have. I like that you mention your different professional experience right at the beginning, it gives so much credibility to what follows. I will bookmark this. Thanks a lot ! Philippe Moisan

Aug 31st 2010 at 9:53 AM by wbeil48
Succinctly said and very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

Aug 31st 2010 at 1:12 AM by yhbecpublisher
Hey GT, my comment is I've added a link to this on my "Article Mind Maps" article under Other Resources I found useful. 8-D Soroya

Aug 31st 2010 at 12:43 AM by DaveGilbert
Top Information GT with your permission i'd like to re-publish this in our writers guide on Kooiii Articles as it does lay the ground work for great article production especially by new authors who tend to be a little vague and their early attempts are normally a little confused in structure :)