followers view all
following view all
|abhishekacmic is not in any groups|
An overview of Windows Server
Delivering dynamic infrastructure and lowering the usage of energy, Microsoft’s Windows Server is a group of server operating systems, which is in high demand in the world of internet. Its usage reduces the cost of running a project for the operator. No wonder, it is a sought-after among the business fraternity that uses the internet technology. There are several versions of the windows server:
• Windows 2000 server is used for PCs, business desktops and laptops. It was released for manufacturing on December 15, 1999 and was launched on February 17, 2000. It had four editions, viz. Professional, Server, Advanced Server and Datacenter Server.
• Windows server 2003 got released on April 24, 2003, which had many advanced features than the 2000 version. Another updated version of the windows 2003 was subsequently created on December 6, 2005 and was called windows server 2003. People really liked this version which was very promising at that time. The updated version had included many new features that were superbly user friendly. The improved scripting and the tools for command line were highly appreciated.
• Windows server 2008 is a successor of the 2003 version which was an instant hit with users. Released for manufacturing on February 4, 2008, it was launched on the 27th of the same month. Its second version was released on July 22, 2009 and was called windows server 2008 R2. It is based on Windows NT 6.x. Since it is also based on the same code base as Windows Vista, it is similar in its functionality, sharing the same architecture. It was a complete multi-componentized operating system.
• Windows HPC Server 2008, released by Microsoft on September 22, 2008 was designed for high end applications. It was useful for those applications that need high performance computing clusters. As the name suggests, HPC stands for high performance computing.
• Windows Server 2008 R2 is basically based on Windows NT 6.1 which is the same operating system used with the client-oriented windows.
There are also other windows servers that Microsoft has introduced directed towards small and medium operations. Windows small business server and the Windows essential Business server is a couple of them. Thus, it is now an integral part of the computer world and we cannot do without them. Lastly, another important server is the Windows home server. It is for sharing, streaming, automated backups and to gain remote access.
Get more information on: Windows Server
For more information visit: Blade Servers
|share||like 13||report||171 views|