followers view all
following view all
|· FREE Online training for success
3 years ago
Alternatives to quitting your job.
Tyrell-Smith, Marketing Coach and Career Strategist with TimsStrategy.com.
So quitting your job is kind of a big decision. There are financial, social and emotional outcomes that you really need to think through before you move ahead.
Before You Quit Your Job
And before you decide to quit, make sure you have considered the following alternatives:
1. What about an internal transfer? Is there a job in another department that you could take?
2. Ask your boss about new responsibilities. He or she might really appreciate that.
3. You can ask for a raise, or a promotion. And if you do it right, you might actually solve a problem for your boss, and make yourself a little bit more money at the same time.
More Alternatives to Quitting Your Job
4. See if you can get on a cross-functional team and bring some variety to your work.
5. If things really get bad, you can ask for a short period of unpaid leave to think through exactly what you want to do next.
Things to Consider Before Quitting
So if you don’t ask for or look for alternatives, you might miss an obvious opportunity to stay where you are, while improving your work satisfaction. While leaving the company might be your best final decision, you’ll feel better knowing that you thought it through.
If you are looking for other alternatives to earning income you may benefit from visiting this website: http://www.ibourl.com/qk3
|share||like 18||report||349 views|