Well-designed bespoke software is an foundation for your company's sustainability and continued success. If you are not sure what to expect from bespoke software and/or wondering if you really need it, read on. We are presenting five of reasons why bespoke software for your business is a good idea:
1. Bespoke software is easy to use because it is designed to work the way you do. It is tailored to your unique requirements, which means that it flawlessly complements the needs and daily processes in your business. It can ultimately help workers finish tasks faster, with fewer errors, even with less supervision.
2. Unlike licensed and commercial versions, custom software does not include features that you do not need. This efficiency saves you time and money.
3. It is more secure, as it protects your business and confidential data from third-party access. Non-custom software can be hacked and accessed by outsiders, which is why they are simply not recommended for organizations with sensitive data. Bespoke software addresses the vulnerabilities and minimises outside threats.
4. It is scalable. Developers can create custom software that can easily be tweaked as your business grows. Upgrading is often easier and cost-effective.
5. You can use it as long as you need it. Buying off-the-shelf software can be risky as you will lose support when the developer goes bankrupt, quits, or simply stops providing updates, leaving you with no other choice but to buy another software and retrain employees how to use the new system. Minimise the hassle and interruptions by using custom software instead.
6. Bespoke software can be developed based on the software that you are already used to working with. This reduces training time, as employs do not need to learn another system from scratch. To minimize costs, bespoke software can also be integrated with your existing database software and applications.
Many organisations, government offices, and large and small businesses can benefit with bespoke software. It is custom written to match your specific requirements and make it easier to run and manage production. It can also improve efficiency and minimise frustrations when dealing with commercial software, which often has a lot of restrictions. Bespoke software is easier to work with because it is tailored to your level of skills. Have your very own software customised by skilled and reputable software developers so you can experience these benefits yourself.
About The Author:
Jignesh Vaducha is a Managing Director at Schnell Solutions Limited. He works closely with Schnell's customer around the globe on their IT transformation and modernisation initiatives with a specific focus on developing bespoke software applications. Under his leadership, Schnell offers various services viz. Bespoke Software Development and Consulting, Mobile App, IT Audit, Ebase Xi and other services which focus on Integration and Automation. Prior to working for Schnell, Jignesh was a key member of the Software AG UK Government team responsible for creating and delivering innovative service transformation and security solutions.