What is required to know about custom roller blinds?
Roller blinds are considered to be a contemporary and attractive way towards having the windows treated. These could be created in variety of fabrics and materials that are easily available in the market and to offer different types of beneficial functions. It can be utilized for screening sunlight as well as to block sound. One can find them in any pattern or color imagined. In short, these do make wonderful additional to any home.
Factors to be taken into consideration when trying to purchase roller window blinds
- Firstly, interior design’s golden rule would be to measure, check measurement and to measure again. If the individual is planning to purchase custom roller blinds, then he/she needs to make sure that the measurements are precise or the blinds would not fit. Also, there is a need for determining if the blind is to get installed within the window or if whole window opening is to be covered.
- When trying to make recess measurement, there is a need to ensure that sufficient depth is present for accommodating condo blinds. One has to have a minimum of 75mm or the blinds would protrude from recess.
- The width of recess is to be measured at the bottom, middle and top of the window. Using the tiniest measurement, the blind is to be purchased, even though there is a need to allow on either side for about 10mm for ensuring good fit. The next thing to be done is to measure window’s height at centre, right and left and to use short measurement for drop.
- For blocking light completely, one should consider blackout blinds and face mounted systems of roller blinds. For face installation, height and width of window is to be measured and 30 to 80 mm is to be added on either side to cover entire opening.
- The person might also select roller blinds and custom roman shades for special window or door features. For instance, sliding doors and French doors are quite common especially in modern homes. Roller blinds do work perfectly for such features. While covering doors, more privacy is offered by face installations. Speaking generally, the taller and wider is the roller blind, the better light screening, installation and insulation is provided. Apart from this, while installing on doors, at least 10cm is to be accounted for at width measurement and around 5cm at drop for accounting for mounting brackets. By allowing for such high measurements tend to ensure that as blinds get open, the door is not blocked.
- At the time of installing roller blinds, few basic tools would be required. Proper drill bit and power drill including flat-head screw driver is needed. The blinds neither might nor might not come with necessary screws. Hence, having them can help in the installation process.
In case, the individual is not able to have the roller window blinds to be installed with confidence, then contacting a professional can be a wonderful solution, for achieving better results.
John Wick is introducing with Drapes N Shades and their experienced staffs of specialists have been serving the Greater Toronto Area for more than 30 years. It offers window coverings Toronto, motorized drapery, home automation, custom roller blinds etc.
|share||like 1||report||20 views|