|Houseextension is not in any groups|
|My parents were classical music lovers and I grew up to the strains of composers Alpen Hugo and Betty Beath. After graduating in music, from the University of Melbourne, I started my own school, imparting training and musical creativity to talented youngsters.
Useful Tips For Home Extensions and Renovations
Planning extensions and renovations can be a challenging experience for homeowners, especially without professional guidance. There are numerous things to be taken into account and for majority of the homeowners it can be fairly difficult to prioritise these things. Therefore, it is advisable not to undertake such projects without any thought or deliberation.
Here are a few tips that will enable you in making the correct decisions regarding planning your home extensions and renovations.
1. Many homeowners tend to forgo professional guidance in a bid to avoid unnecessary expenditure. Although it is a tempting option to skip professional assistance, it is certainly not advisable. Professionals have the right approach, knowledge and expertise required to get the job done within time and budget. The main benefit of hiring a surveyor, architect and designer besides getting an expert opinion is that your bills remain within budget.
2. The design is the crux of your extension and renovation plan. Therefore, it is only wise to devote adequate time to the project design. An architect can prove to be of immense benefit in this regard. The experience and expertise of architects allows them to visualise things which are otherwise ignored by most home owners. They not only lend a fresh perspective to the project but also help you with curtailing the cost of the same.
3. The outlay of the entire project is contingent on various things. It is vital to get the estimate of the expenditure involved in order to assess whether your plans are within budget or not. Some people make the mistake of starting the project in excitement without giving a thought to the cost involved, only to regret later.
4. The functional and aesthetic aspects of your project are equally important. While planning the renovation, you should consider both aspects and make sure none of them is compromised. Functional needs such as light, ventilation, heating, plumbing and accessibility are very important while formulating the renovation design. An ideal design addresses both functional and aesthetic concerns.
5. Planning permissions gain importance in the case of extensions. Checking with the concerned local authorities for rules and regulations pertaining to home extensions and renovations is crucial to avoid any legal hassles. The planning department of your local authority can provide the required information about the legalities involved. Professional builders and architects also are well acquainted with the rules and can guide you in the right direction.
Home extensions and renovations are projects that entail considerable investment of both, time and money. Therefore, the above mentioned tips are very important for homeowners willing to undertake extension or renovation project.
|share||like 4||report||160 views|