Transform Your Dining Table into a Dazzling Setting with Stylish Dinner Sets
Buying dinner sets usually don't require much thought but if you want dining table setting that will last you years even with regular use, you might want to look further than a nice pattern when making your choice. While choosing a timeless design is important, you also want to look into more important factors like quality and durability, especially if you want a dinner set that will stay beautiful for long.
The material is usually the first thing on avid shoppers' and collectors' lists when looking at dinner sets. Dinnerware materials vary widely. Whether you like stone or earthenware, porcelain or fine china, there is definitely a dinner set that will fit your taste just right. The following are only some of the most common types of dinnerware materials you will see in kitchen stores:
• Bone china – Bone china is the most lightweight, lustrous, and probably the strongest of china materials. It is produced by a double-firing process and is composed of a blend of high quality porcelain and bone ash. This combination produces a slightly translucent, somewhat milky-white tone.
• Porcelain – Porcelain plates and dinnerware are subjected to high firing temperatures, which give them opulent durability. This high-heat process also produces a glowing and non-porous surface, perfect for different decorative appliqués that give the pieces more sheen.
• Ironstone – If you are more into stoneware, this highly durable variation is a good alternative to porcelain. It offers excellent hard-wearing characteristics and has a more casual finish, ideal for everyday dining.
• Stoneware – Hardy and impermeable, stone dinnerware are also perfect for everyday use. It is known for its solid heft, which makes pieces incredibly hard-wearing. However, they are often only available in earthy tones.
• Earthenware – Natural ceramic or earthenware is still a popular choice not only because of tradition but because of its durability and home-pun feel.
Buying a stylish dinner set at once is ideal if you wish your dinner setting to be well-coordinated. Dinnerware is commonly sold as individual place settings (usually 5-piece setting with a dinner plate, salad or dessert plate, bread and butter plate, a teacup, and a saucer), or as open stock (where you can buy individual pieces), or as boxed sets (with multiple place settings). Depending on your budget, you can get your dinnerware in boxed sets, individual place settings, or in open stock and still create a dazzling dinner set that goes well with your table set-up.
About The Author:
This article is written by Carla Penn is who is the Managing Director at Kitchenware Superstore. Kitchenware Superstore is an Australian owned and trusted company offering the biggest ranges of cookware and kitchenware from the leading brands such as Scanpan, Riedel, Le Creuset, Global, KitchenAid, Wusthof, Breville, Cuisinart and more at unbeatable prices.
|share||like 2||report||21 views|