followers view all
following view all
|· Law of Attraction Marketing and Resources
|Internet Surfing, Interesting Stuffs, Gadgets, Health, Fitness
Recipe Of the Day - Jo Mama's World Famous Spaghetti
Serves: 10-14, Yield: 4 quarts
- 2 lbs Italian sausage, casings removed (mild or hot)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water (for a long period of simmering for flavors to meld. If you don't want to simmer it as long, add less)
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine (a good Cabernet!)
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- parmesan cheese
Prep Time: 20 mins Total Time: 1 1/2 hrs
- 1 In large, heavy stockpot, brown Italian sausage, breaking up as you stir.
- 2 Add onions and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until onions are softened.
- 3 Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water.
- 4 Add basil, parsley, brown sugar, salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper.
- 5 Stir well and barely bring to a boil.
- 6 Stir in red wine.
- 7 Simmer on low, stirring frequently for at least an hour. A longer simmer makes for a better sauce, just be careful not to let it burn!
- 8 Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 9 Spoon sauce over drained spaghetti noodles and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
I will give up a steak dinner for this spaghetti. It is a recipe I have been perfecting for years and it is so good (if I may humbly say) that I'm disappointed when they eat spaghetti anywhere else but home! In fact they tell me I should open a restaurant and serve only this spaghetti and garlic bread. In response to requests, I have posted the recipe for Jo Mama's World Famous Lasagna that uses approximately 1/2 of the sauce from this recipe. Have spaghetti one night and lasagna later! Thanks to all of you who have tried my recipe and have written a review. I read and appreciate every one of them! Chef Note:
|share||like 96||report||1873 views|