Mendota Fireplaces - Buying The Right Kind Of Fireplace
Mendota is a leading brand of American luxury fireplaces. They have a wide variety of products to suit your home's architecture and your personal requirements. They even give their customers the option to design their own fireplaces. Though Mendota is best known for elegant and one of a kind designs, their hardworking fireplaces go beyond just aesthetics. They are also very energy efficient and easy to install, whether you are buying a regular Mendota fireplace or a fireplace insert. These tips should help you choose and purchase the right kind of Mendota fireplace for your home:
1. Buy Mendota fireplaces only from authorized retailers. This way, you can be sure that the fireplace comes with Mendota's lifetime limited warranty. Buying from an authorized dealer also means that you are getting an authentic Mendota fireplace that has been made with heavy-gauge steel, careful hand assembly, and full-seam welding.
2. Consider a fireplace insert if you have an existing fireplace and you want to improve its appearance. Fireplace inserts are modern, safer, and energy efficient fireplaces that are stylish and more suitable in a modern home. They are easier to install, too. You can quickly slide a Mendota gas fireplace insert into an installed factory built fireplace or an existing masonry.
3. Choose a gas fireplace. Woodburning fireplaces are often inconvenient, drafty, and too messy for the modern home. They are costly to operate, too. You can achieve the same look and feel of a wood-burning fireplace with a well-designed gas fireplace insert by Mendota. The gas fireplace can be powered by propane, which can heat a room more efficiently and evenly than a wood fireplace. Propane fireplaces can burn 40 times longer without producing harmful emissions that a wood fireplace can.
4. Many propane fireplaces are virtually maintenance-free. They do not require electricity, so you can use them, even when there is a power outage. Direct vent high efficiency propane fireplaces can have an average of five to six times the heating capacity of an electric fireplace.
5. Check the efficiency rating of the fireplace. Mendota fireplaces have efficiency ratings that range from 70 to 84.2 percent, depending on the model. Make sure that the fireplace uses the CSA P.4 efficiency test method, an accurate standard for measuring annual efficiency. The higher the rating, the more efficient the fireplace is.
About the Author:This article was written by ThompsonGas. The 16th largest retail propane company in the U.S., ThompsonGas has been family owned and operated since 1946. The propane gas dealer provides cheap propane for residential and commercial propane gas service to customers across 10 states in the East and Southeast.