followers view all
|keajones is not in any groups|
|I am Kea Jones a Content Curator, New York based columnist who love to write about various buzz and current affairs in business world. Besides that I am also writting reviews for various new local business houses, products and services.|
Leeb Hardness Tester – Everything that There is to Know
The changing face of industrialisation around the world emphasises on the need to make do with the traditional methods of testing hardness of materials. One major breakthrough in this field is the use of Leeb hardness tester. Find out more about this tester in the article below.
A lot of industries make use of different types of metals in their everyday functioning. Most of these industries need to check the hardness of these metals to ensure that they are strong enough. In the earlier days, people used some very traditional methods which required a separate area for testing. Also the tests often proved destructive for the materials.
However, these are modern times. The lack of space and the cost of the materials make it impossible for the companies to follow the traditional methods. This is one of the main reasons why a new methodology of testing hardness has been introduced which uses portable testers. One of the most popular and commonly used of these portable leeb hardness testers is the leeb tester.
What is a Leeb tester?
A leeb rebound tester is one that is considered to be the most versatile of all testers. In spite of being portable, it is perfect to be used on large and heavy pieces of metals. These can also be used to check materials that have already been installed.
How a Leeb Hardness Tester Used?
The Leeb hardness testers that are found in the market these days are portable and can be very easily used. The Leeb tester consists of a rod, a screen that displays the hardness and a button which when pushed records the hardness of the material. The method is quite easy. All you need to do is place it on the material which you want to test for hardness and then press the button. As soon as you do this, the tester records the hardness and displays it on the screen.
Features of Leeb tester
- Leeb hardness testers are extremely accurate.
- Being portable and lightweight, they can be easily used. This also makes them easy to carry around.
- In spite of their small size, these testers can be used to test the hardness of materials of all sizes and strength.
- The Leeb tester can convert the result into the desired hardness scales which are HRC, HV, Rm, HB, HRA and HRB.
Applications of Leeb testers
Though we already know that leeb testers are used to test the hardness of materials, let us take a closer look at their various applications:
- Leeb testers come in handy not only to test the hardness of metals but also to test the hardness of rocks, composites and rubber.
- These are helpful in the automotive industry to check and select materials for production.
- These are used in the energy sector as well as transmission gear industry to test large and heavy materials before as well as after installation.
- Being portable and compact, these can be used to test materials that are installed in hard to reach places as well.
Leeb hardness testers are extremely versatile and easy to use. This is one of the main reasons that they are so popular in the industrial sector. Coupled with the fact that these can be used by anybody to get accurate results, these have revolutionised the industrial world.
|share||like 3||report||39 views|