followers view all
following view all
|workfromhomedotbz is not in any groups|
|I am interested in building a work from home website with several different kinds of directories. I am in the early building phase of Work From Home site at http://workfromhome.bz/|
2 years ago
Hydroseeding For A Fast Yard Of Grass
Benefits Of Hydroseeding
What is and benefits of hydroseeding? Hydroseeding or hydromulching is a grass planting procedure which uses a slurry of mulch and seed. The slurry may also include other ingredients like fertilizer and green dye. The mixture is contained in a tank or large container that is either mounted on a truck or trailer. Then, the slurry is sprayed over the ground. Aircraft application is also ideal for spraying over larger areas of land.
Here are some benefits of hydroseeding and reasons why many people prefer hydroseeding over traditional forms of seeding.
1. Quicker Results - With proper watering and a ground temperature of more than 62 degrees, an area that has been sprayed with a seed and mulch slurry will begin to grow grass in as early as 7 days. Under normal conditions a new lawn can be grown in as fast as 3-4 weeks.
2. Cost-effective - Hydroseeding typically costs less than sodding but costs more than the regular seeding process. Sods usually cost 3 to 5 times higher than the hydroseeding method. Even if you put the sod yourself, purchasing it is still quite expensive. But if you need to hire someone to install the sod, the labor cost would easily make sodding unsuited for larger areas.
3. Erosion Control - Spraying the seed and mulch slurry over hillsides and sloping lawns is an effective way of controlling erosion.
4. Healthier Growth - Because hydromulched grass grows from the soil you spray the mulch over, it does not undergo transplant shock that usually happens when the soil is different from the first soil that the sod was planted in. Furthermore, sod may dry out during transport and when subjected to longer installation times. Hydromulched lawns also grow healthy and effectively crowd out weeds and fight diseases.
5. Even Distribution - In the traditional methods of establishing a lawn, it is difficult to see which areas are already covered and which areas aren't. This often results to an uneven and clumpy growth effect. In hydroseeding, this will never be a problem. The dye that is usually included in the slurry allows you to instantly see the progress of the seeding, making it possible to have 100% coverage.
Grass Filled Yard
These are just 5 benefits of hydroseeding. There are many more and this process is being used by more homeowners that need a new yard of grass. Grass starts growing within a week and your first lawn cutting will be at about the 4th week. By the 10th week you will a full yard of nice healthy grass.