How To Make Your Bathroom Mats Look Like New
How often should you wash bathroom mats? Should you wash it every week or every couple of weeks?
The mats are termed as quite unsanitary if they are not properly cleaned. Bacteria gets build up along with grime and dirt that can cause unpleasant odors or also foot fungus. Cleaning them is an easy task and takes almost no time. Make a good, swift clean and ensure hygiene in your bathroom. Put them in a wash together for a thorough clean. Read the label or follow the following steps:
· Use of bleach that remove odors from rubber bath mats
· Use a high temperature setting to remove any mildew or bacteria.
Types of shower mats:
The shower pads are made up of rubber and can be placed on the floor to prevent from the slips when you enter or exit the area. The pad can be used to dry feet and prevent from slip and falls. Different types of shower pads require different areas:
Rubber shower pads: The bathtub method:
The rubber shower pads can be cleaned in multiple ways. Some of the convenient ways include:
· Lifting up the shower pad via the suction cups. Lay it down to the bottom of the tub
· By filling your bathtub with warm water
· Put rubber gloves and add two cups of chlorine bleach
· Scrub your bath twist with a clean bristly brush
· After the entire twist is washed, drain the water and give both the accessory a good rinse.
· When the pad has visible mildew or unpleasant odors, then keep it in the bleach solution for a few hours. Allow the fresh airflow to the label
Rubber shower pads: The washing machine method:
· Place your bath mat with towels or washcloths in a washing machine that serves as the scrubbers in the washing process.
· Set it for gentle cycle
· Remove and hang it to dry.
Fabric shower pads:
· Check the labels of the shower mats that can be cleaned in the washing machine with other linens.
· Launder in hot water and remove it to air-dry
· Try a stain remover for pesky stains. Add to the affected area and then wash as usual.
· Function on stain removing properties that helps to banish dirt and stains
· The newly washed shower mat will be considered as fresh as ever.
How often to use bathroom pads:
Depends on several factors such as
If the mat has a non-skid rubber backing:
· Best to wash in warm/hot too many times.
· Wash it once in 3-4 weeks
If it is used frequently in the bathroom:
· The pad gets wet/damp multiple times and takes a long time to dry
· Poor drying leads to mold and mildew that grows easily
A Lot of water splashed routinely:
· Wash weekly
· Add in a damp, warm bathroom that waits to multiply or mold easily
The bathroom mats come in almost every color and pattern in different shapes and sizes. They are available in fairly standard sizes that are not too small and not too large.
The bathroom mats online have a good quality absorbing base that maintains the health and hygiene of the children. Homedrape are in low maintenance that can be washed easily with water and detergent. They are available at economical prices.
|share||like 2||report||60 views|