How to get rid of bed bugs
Previously, bed bugs were ubiquitous parasites, the prevalence of which has decreased to the mid-20th century. Now, however,bed bugs, develop immunity to common insecticides, return to active life all over the world.
Bed bugs are adapted travelers who can be easily moved with the luggage, clothing, bedding and furniture. Keep reading and you will learn how to get rid of bed bugs in your home. Otherwise, they can bite you, and even cause a rash.
Find bed bugs
1. Disassemble the bed and put part of it vertically on the ends. You need to look for the bugs themselves and light brown faded shell of pupae. In habitats of bedbugs and seams of mattresses can often be detected dark spots of dried excrement of insects.
2. Free nightstands and dressers. Examine them inside and out, and then turn them over to inspect the wooden parts below. Often bugs hide in cracks, corners and grooves.
3. Check armchairs and sofas with a soft upholstery. Pay close attention to seams, edges and cracks under the cushions.
The fight against bed bugs
1. Use comprehensive measures for combating parasites. These include various techniques, such as preventive measures, pest control using chemicals.
2. Fold infected things in a bag and wash at a temperature at least 50°C. Some things that cannot be washed, you can try disinfect using heat treatment. They should be wrapped in plastic and put in a hot sunny place for a few days (the temperatures in the bundle should not be less than 50°C).
3. Destroy them with steam. You can buy a simple steam generator in the nearest hardware store. Steam must kill all bed bugs and their eggs. Thoroughly clean all the corners and cracks.
4. Perform vacuuming in your home. This will allow to get rid of bed bugs and eggs in mattresses, carpets, walls and other surfaces. Pay special attention to the folds, seams and edges of the mattress and box spring of the bed nets, as well as the edges of flooring and carpets.
5. Get rid of cracks in plaster and glue behind the wallpaper to eliminate habitat of bed bugs.
6. Consider the use of insecticides. Residual insecticides (pyrethroids often) are used for the topical treatment of cracks and crevices where bed bugs hide.
7. Use the services of a professional exterminator. Experienced professionals know where to look for bed bugs. Home owners and tenants should help professionals in their work. You must provide desinsection access for inspection and processing premises and the premises should be thoroughly cleaned.
8. Get rid of the infected things. In some cases, common or spring units have to be thrown away. Because bed bugs can spread through the building, you might need to explore the surrounding rooms and/or apartments.
9. Use silicagel. Grind some amount of silica gel and sprinkle it in your bedroom. Good silicagel adheres to bugs and heldon them, whereupon the insects are killed by dehydration.
10. Use tea tree oil. Using this oil you can destroy bugs.
Bugs are not always possible to destroy at the first time. You will need persistence to get rid of them forever. You may need four to five treatments.
Linda Evans, the manager of a pest control firm, helps readers to choose the best bed bugs Edmonton specialists for their pest control needs.
|share||like 1||report||24 views|