followers view all
|christina21maria is not in any groups|
Good Reasons Why a Student Should Pursue PGDM Program
When students complete their graduation a common question that comes to their mind - Which post-graduate program they should choose? If you are a student, who wants to opt for postgraduate management program, then you must consider PGDM has an option.
What is PGDM?
Post Graduate Diploma in Management or PGDM is an autonomous program offered by various B-schools. It is a 2-year program and a student can enroll into either a full-time or part-time program.
Interesting Facts about PGDM
• This course is structured keeping industry interface in mind.
• On the basis of feedback given by industry experts, employees and alumni, institute updates its PGDM course curriculum each year.
• Latest up-to-date methodologies such as simulations, case study, etc. are used to provide the course knowledge.
• There are short-term or long-term internship programs for PGDM students. These internships help students to apply their classroom knowledge in real word scenario.
• Institutes offering PGDM have flexibility and freedom to change curriculum and add more relevant topics in the syllabus.
• An AICTE or AIU approved PGDM program has more industrial value than normal PDGM program.
PGDM vs. MBA
Following are some reasons why a student should consider a PGDM program over an MBA course.
• Time bound completion
PGDM programs are always completed on time unlike MBA courses, which are controlled by university as the decision like running the program and conducting examination, etc are handled by institutions providing the PGDM course not by the university.
• More significance to performance than degree
MBA is degree oriented and mainly focuses on giving theoretical knowledge about management. PGDM program on the other hand focuses more on performance of the students rather than degree/diploma. PGDM is industry-oriented and concentrate mainly on enhancing soft skills. Development of soft skills helps students to get a job easily in the business world.
• New contemporary topics
The curriculum of PGDM courses are updated every year with the latest happenings of corporate scenario. Institutes add more contemporary topics and relevant concepts in the curriculum, which are highly beneficial for the students and their careers.
• Development of business and entrepreneurial skills
Many institution offers elective business and entrepreneurial development skills. There students gain knowledge about the essential things to set up, manage and run the business firm. These electives are highly beneficial for students who want to become entrepreneur and start their own business.
• Specialization and electives
Unlike normal MBA, the PGDM program offers several specialization and electives such as Project management, Media Management, Supply Chain Management, etc.
• Interaction with industry in training programs
Industrial training programs provide real world exposure to the students. They learn things from industry demonstration, which significantly enhance their knowledge. These training programs help students to overcome the gap between academic and industry working methodology.
If after reading above-mentioned points you are looking for PGDM courses online, then you can easily find numerous institutes in your city offering PGDM courses. Keep in mind to research properly and select the reputed institution.
|share||like 1||report||103 views|