followers view all
|portadownfireplaces is not in any groups|
|electric fires wall mounted, electric wall mounted fires, fireplace surrounds uk, fireplaces dublin, fireplaces ireland|
Go For a Traditional Fireplace Or a New Age Device?
A fireplace is a great alternative heat source in every home. Especially during the winter, the role played by the fireplace in keeping the home warm is vital. This is why Fireplaces are hugely preferred by people, who are living in colder regions, all over the world. Being an important home heating device, fireplaces are available in countless designs and styles with added features to make them user-friendly and energy efficient. Fireplaces are traditionally categorized into three types namely wood burning fireplaces, gas burning fireplaces and electric fireplaces.
Traditional wood burning fireplaces are like boxes made of marble or granite in which the wood can be burned to keep the room warm. They look excellent in any traditional home interior, and the gas burning ones look similar to the wood burning ones but they use gas to burn the wood. Electric fireplaces are a latest addition to the range of fireplaces available, and are hugely preferred by many fireplace users for their sleek designs and efficiency.
Here we list few of the pros and cons of both traditional fireplaces and electric fires:
- Electric fireplaces consume much less energy and are fuel-efficient when compared to wood burning fireplaces that work with fuel.
- The installation process of an electric fireplace is much simpler compared to the wood burning ones but once installed moving an electric fireplace is much complicated as you have to redesign the entire room to fit the fireplace in a perfect area.
- Electric fireplaces require much less maintenance when compared to their wooden counterparts. In wood burning ones, the risk of ash spilling, staining and smoke building is more.
- With electric fireplaces, you can experience no smoke, no burning smell and reduced emissions. Burning natural gases into the atmosphere does not harm it, therefore electric fireplaces are environmental friendly too.
- Having electric fireplaces at home is safe for children and pets who may have access to the fire area.
After going through the above mentioned pointers you can now determine whether you need to go for a traditional fireplace or an electric one. To shop for all designs of fireplaces at affordable rates, you can visit the website of a trusted fireplace dealer in Ireland by researching online.
About the author:-
This article is written by Geoff Wogan associated with Portadown Fireplaces, one of the largest suppliers & manufacturers of quality fireplaces & stoves in Ireland. They are proud to offer our customers the benefit of our extensive experience and understanding in the fitting and supply of quality fires, stoves and fireplaces.