Find the Best Features Of an Indoor Pool in Germantown
An indoor pool can be an excellent addition to your home especially if you love to swim. It will let you enjoy the water as often as you like—even when it is cold or raining outside. Moreover, an indoor pool can add a lot of value to your property. It can likewise give you a luxurious space to retreat to after a long day at work. Here are some features to consider when having an indoor pool installed in your Germantown residence:
- Retractable roofs, windows, sliding glass doors, and skylights can provide an open feeling in the indoor pool space. These features help release excessive heat, too, especially during the summer.
- Indoor pool lighting is important if you want to be able to use the pool even at night. Combine wall sconces and underwater lighting for stylish and sufficient illumination. Avoid using overhead lights, which can be difficult to access when you need to change the bulbs.
- Indoor swimming pools can be made of different materials because they are not exposed to freezing and thawing cycles. Hence, ceramic waterline and glass tiles can be less than 6x6 inches in size. You can also use conventional concrete or vinyl.
- Proper ventilation is important for your indoor pool space. Humidity levels must be kept at 50 to 60 percent. To ensure this, you can install a system that can exchange the humid air for dry and fresh air, or you can install a dehumidifier. If you go for the latter, make sure that the dehumidifier system is carefully designed and will not force air across the pool surface, which will cause the water to evaporate faster. Air must be distributed evenly over the outer walls, to prevent condensation.
- Consider installing an automatic pool cover for your indoor pool to reduce humidity and evaporation dramatically. A cover can minimize evaporation by up to 50 percent. It can help reduce dehumidification costs as well.
The best time to build an indoor pool is during the planning, design, and construction stages of your house. That said, it is never too late to incorporate it into your existing structure. Discuss the idea with your builder, architect, and a pool construction specialist. These experts can guide you in building an efficient and beautiful indoor pool space with a proper HVAC system and the best materials. Choose a reputable pool builder in Germantown for best results.
About the Author:This article was written by Browning Pools & Spas. The family-owned and operated company has been building and caring for swimming pools in MD since 1942. By offering distinguished design solutions and innovative in-ground swimming pool construction techniques, Browning Pools & Spas offers the highest quality custom built swimming pool service in Carroll MD.
|share||like 1||report||19 views|