Choosing Quartz vs Granite
Choosing the right worktop can prove to be quite a challenge. When given a choice between having to buy quartz worktops UK or granite worktops online, knowing what makes them different is essential in arriving at a given choice.
Comparing the two:
• The cost of buying quartz vs. granite does vary, with quartz costing a lot less than granite
• Mined from pure stone, granite worktops make for a more natural feel to the worktop. Quartz on the other hand is comprised of a mixture of chemicals and crushed quartz.
• In terms of appearance, the natural beauty of granite is that much more striking when compared to quartz. The hue of the stone does boast of natural variations while quartz provides for a certain level of consistency in terms of its coloration. When it comes down to appearance however, having to buy quartz worktops UK or granite worktops online is really left in the hands of the homeowner.
• In terms of durability, quartz may be arguably more durable than granite since it doesn’t require to be resealed on a regular basis or to be sealed during the installation process like granite does. It also doesn’t stain easily when compared to natural stones such as granite. In addition, granite is more susceptible to cracking or chipping much easier that quartz.
• Quartz, being an engineered stone or product is non-porous in nature, which makes it much easier to keep germ-free. Granite on the other hand may have pores and tiny capillaries that are susceptible to keeping germs. Granite can also stain much easier than quartz since their natural structures do have a tendency to soak up liquid. Quartz is capable of repelling oil, coffee, or food coloring minus the need of sealing.
• Quartz, when compared to granite doesn’t need regular maintenance or sealing. This is because of the materials used and the fact that it is an engineered product. Granite on the other hand does require regular sealing in order to prevent stains from occurring in addition to the growth of bacteria.
• In terms of cleaning, quartz worktops are much easier to clean than granite ones.
At the end of the day, granite worktops remain in higher demand as compared to quartz owing t their beauty and durability. Much as quartz can provide a much similar performance and appearance, they are essentially different when compared to granite.
|share||like 6||report||75 views|