followers view all
following view all
|dubaifixit is not in any groups|
Carpet Buying in Dubai Guide
Set the Expectation for Carpets Dubai
Before you shop for new carpet in dubai, create a set of expectations for yourself to ease the buying process.
- When do you need it? In-stock and Special Order carpets are available depending on your timeframe.
- How long do you want the carpet to last? Different fibers offer different performance with foot traffic in the home. If you're making a short-term investment, polyester fiber will sustain you. If you need something longer-lasting, explore nylon.
- What's your budget? A smart carpet budget accounts for all three pieces of the carpet puzzle: carpet, pad and installation.
- Carpet Types
- Cut pile fiber ends are cut evenly. There are several types of cut pile:
- Saxony is a popular carpet of dense, level-cut pile clipped to about 1/2 inch high. The closely packed yarns give a soft, smooth surface that is perfect in formal settings. A smooth-finished saxony is often referred to as plush. Saxony carpet can show seams, footprints and vacuum marks for office carpet tiles.
- Textured isn't as densely tufted as saxony, but also has a very soft feel. Two-toned yarn and an uneven surface give it a casual look suited for any room. Its tight-twist construction helps resist soil, so it's a good choice for family rooms. This is the most popular for office carpet tiles option.
- Frieze carpets have a short, durable, twisted pile fiber well-suited for busy areas -- it's often used for commercial purposes. The fibers of a frieze carpet curl in different directions, so they hide footprints and other common carpet marks. Frieze yields a somewhat informal look best in carpet dubai.
Loop pile yarns are looped and fastened to the backing. These are very durable carpets and usually a good choice for high-traffic areas. There are two types of loop pile carpeting:
- Berber features large, uncut loops of natural-tone fibers varying in size and usually made from wool, nylon or olefin. It's denser than most other carpets and highly stain resistant. This is not a good choice for homes with pets, though, as their claws can snag on the fibers.
- Level loop contains tufted, uncut loops of equal height, resulting in a very smooth surface. It's durable, easy to maintain and a great carpet for high-traffic areas and informal rooms. Level loop, however, is known to be harder and stiffer than the other carpet options.
Cut and Loop or Pattern offers a combination of the above, allowing more options of textures and patterns. Cut and loop achieves a sculptured pattern with varied levels of uncut low loops and sheared top loops. The pattern looks as if it's been cut into the carpet and usually features several tones from the same color family. The change in color helps disguise wear and soiling. Cut and loop doesn't necessarily hold up as well as loop pile, but is considerably softer.
|share||like 8||report||67 views|