Advantages of Using Organic Soil Carbon
Biochar is basically charcoal used for improving the overall health of crops along with other advantages. One can order online to buy Biochar.
Biochar is a very helpful soil carbon which protects the crops exceptionally well, if it is applied with fertilisers. It has the potential to last for a very long time in the soil due to its stable molecular structure. Biochar plays an important role in reducing the greenhouse gases from the atmosphere. The application of Biochar is simple and provides a natural habitat to microorganisms. It is a product that delivers many remarkable results.
Some of the advantages are as follows:
- Improved Nutrient Storage: Plants get essential elements and nutrients from the soil. These nutrients are either biologically generated using environmental factors like air, water etc. or can be enhanced artificially. Conventionally farmers used chemical fertilizers for this purpose. However, now they have realized that chemicals provide short term benefits and harm the crop quality or the soil for next season. Biochar which is an organic soil carbon has an advantage over the chemical fertilizers as it is made of biological components. It does not have any harmful side effects and nourishes the soil and the crop.
- Increasing the Fertility of Soil: Soil has a natural capability to regain fertility over a period of time, but due to agricultural demand, farmers are forced to enhance the fertility artificially. There are several solutions and chemicals that are used for increasing the fertility. But these fertilizers affect the natural capacity of the soil. Biochar which is basically charcoal with fertilizer capabilities helps to retain the natural character of the soil and also improves the fertility.
- Improved Water Holding Capacity: Biochar improves the water holding capacity of the soil. This is a primary characteristic required for several crops like rice, wheat, sugarcanes etc. These crops require a lot of water to flourish and if the soil can hold water longer without losing the nutrients, the farmer can save money from irrigation expenses too.
- Increased Crop Yielding Capability: Due to its several advantages like improved fertility, better water holding capacity etc., Biochar can improve the crop yielding capability of the soil. This helps the farmers minimize the financial losses. Biochar helps reduce the loss of crops by increasing their quantity and quality. This results in improving the overall profits every season for farmers.
Advantages of Biochar over Conventional Fertilizers
Biochar is a modern day fertilizer which has some significant advantages over the conventional fertilizers.
- Biochar is easily available and farmers can buy Biochar online too at affordable prices.
- Biochar is a product made of biological ingredients and its usage reduces carbon credits in production as well as in application.
|share||like 4||report||47 views|