Why is an MRI test conducted?
In order to make images of the spine, an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) test is done, which uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy. If you look at the past results of MRI test, you will come to know that it gives different information than other tests such as CT scan, ultrasound, and X-ray. The results of this test can show those results that can’t be seen with other imaging tests.
To get the test done, your body needs to be placed inside a MRI machine that contains a strong magnet. The images taken from the MRI test can be saved and stored on a computer for further study. With the help of these pictures, a physician detects any infection or tumor present in your body. This test can look at the spine in the neck, upper back, or lower back; the entire spine can be seen in a series of images to detect a tumor.
There are various reasons to why this test is conducted on human body. Read carefully.
MRI of the spine is done to find following problems:
· To find out problems of the spinal discs. With the help of this test, symptoms of sciatica can be detected and shows if a disc is pressed on a nerve.
· To find out compression fractures of the spine.
· To find out any kind of infection present in the body.
· To find out nerve damage caused due to injury.
· To find out tumors affecting the bones or nerves of the spine.
· To find out those areas of the spine that does not have good blood supply.
· To find out areas of joint inflammation.
· To find out problems of the spine that has been present since your birth.
· To find out spinal alignment and abnormalities near the spine.
With so many reasons for conducting this test on human spine, this test holds a significant place in detecting diseases that other imaging procedures are unable to find.
Around the world, there are many medical centers that provide proper MRI test in order to get 100% accuracy in the result. All you have to find and select the best medical center with board certified physician. Through online you can see the images of the center and also read the profiles of the current physicians.
|share||like 1||report||75 views|