followers view all
following view all
|aknc is not in any groups|
Why do I need a brain MRI scan?
Brain is itself a most complex and eternal part of anyone’s body. Since ages, people are trying to study more and more about it to understand it’s functioning but are still not fully satisfied with the results. Though much has been known about brain but still many things are left unanswered and unexplained.
Somehow, the brainstorming researches and evolution of technology to such a great level has given a mankind a reason to be happy and celebrate. It is actually in the form of highly technical and advanced machines that enables the mankind to get information about such a significant part of your body i.e. brain.
People are now capable to study problems occurring inside the brain that can even lead to severe diseases and disorders of brain. It is primarily done with the help of some huge machine and a refined process that is popularly known as MRI.
MRI is an abbreviation of magnetic resonance imaging. It is a form of brain scanning that is done with the help of an MRI scanner. This particular scanner is usually a tube like structure that is surrounded by a giant circular magnet. The patient is made to lie on a movable bed that is sent inside this tube like structure.
Through the painless radiology technique, scanning and brain imaging is done which can be an answer to several questions and varying conditions of the brain and spinal cord. Some of the major and most common scenarios for which doctors refer to MRI scans of brain are as follows:
• in case of frequent and severe headaches
• to diagnose a stoke or any problem related to blood vessel in the head
• scanning the blood flow and blood clots of the brain, anyone having bleeding in or around brain can easily be diagnosed with MRI scanning
• in case there is any brain injury
• diagnose of various brain disorders and diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease
• scan the level of water in the brain
• if someone has tumors, infections, exact condition of brain stem can also be scanned
• diagnose the eyes, the nerves from the eyes to the brain, ears, and nerves from the ears to the brain
• look out for any problem related to pituitary gland and many more
More importantly, a MRI scan also saves you from harmful X-Rays. Though small yet significant thing to note is that, what all is left or unable to get scan in X-rays, CT scan and Ultrasound can easily be diagnosed in MRI scanning.
|share||like 5||report||50 views|